s i x .

tw// mentions of abuse

dakota's pov

after finn and i calmed down from the excitement we laid down on his bed next to each other. i decided to congratulate him again.

kotarose: thank you for sharing something so big with me

kotarose: thank you for sharing something so big with me. congrats finn 💞
tagged: finnwolfhard
59 likes | 4 comments

finnwolfhard: i love you i love you i love you i love you i love you

audreyy: finnwolfhard back off she's my best friend

finnwolfhard: audreyy you've been replaced by the one and only (;

kotarose: finnwolfhard audreyy ily guys both

"i'm your best friend right?" finn asked. i giggled softly shutting my phone off as he did the same looking over at me. "of course... not."  i teased.

"ouch that hurt." he said placing his hand over his chest. "that's the ugly truth." i said. he was about to say something but cut himself off going back to his phone

i shrugged it off until i got a notification.

finnwolfhard tagged you in a post!

finnwolfhard: beautiful tagged: kotarose62 likes | 4 comments

tagged: kotarose
62 likes | 4 comments

audreyy: KOTA YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO

kotarose: finn this picture is so ugly why idjshs

audreyy: why didn't i receive this beautiful picture

finnwolfhard: audreyy bc i'm special AND her best friend

i blushed as i reread the caption over and over again. finns mom came inside the room and both of our heads shot up. "hey dakota you're staying for dinner right?" she asked.

finn looked over at me awaiting my response. "n-no i don't w-want to i-intrude-" "nonsense kota you're not intruding." finn said interrupting me. "we want you to stay." his mom reassured with a bright smile.

"i-i'll stay then." i said softly smiling. she smiled back closing the door and i cringed at how awkward i was, i felt myself tensing up. "are you okay?" finn asked.

"y-yeah i'm just- why am i so a-awkward?" i sighed. "don't stutter with me come on now." finn said sitting himself in front of me. "i just d-don't understand-" "hey, it's okay, trust me i'll help you in any way i possibly can alright. little steps." he said lacing our hands together.

i slowly nodded blushing at our interlaced hands.

time skip

finns family and i were all sat at the table as we waited for finns mom to finish cooking. "hey dad." finn said as his dad took a seat next to nick. (the seating is finn dakota nick his dad his mom)

"oh hello there." his dad said. "h-hi." i stuttered awkwardly waving. "dad this is dakota." he said which caused my lips to tug into a small smile. "oh! this is dakota. didn't you say she was your girlfriend! nice to meet you." his dad said excitedly.

finn choked on his glass of water that he was drinking and my eyes popped out of their sockets as i blushed for the hundredth time that day. "dad n-no she's my friend." finn said quickly.

i noticed a light shade of pink on his cheeks and saw nick trying not to laugh. "oh? my bad, . . . i'm rooting for you guys though." he said whispering the last part to us.

"mom! the food ready yet?" finn said disregarding his dads comment. his mom came out of the kitchen and set down the pasta in front of us. all of us took turns filling our plates up and we dug in.

"did finn tell you he's the new mike wheeler?" nick said. his moms eyes widened along with his dads. "finn congrats." his mom and dad said at the same time. "when are you-" "want some more water dakota?" finn asked cutting off his mom. his mom gave him a confused look along with me.

he looked at her a certain way and she made an 'oh' face as she just realized something and cleared her throat. "i'll get you some more water sweetie." his mom said getting up and walking to the kitchen. i tilted my head towards finn confused.

"don't worry about it." was all he said. i slowly nodded my head and his mom came back into the kitchen. "t-thank you." i said as she set down my glass of water. "no problem." she said smiling.

"tell us about yourself dakota." finns dad said. i looked at finn for help but he just gave me an encouraging smile.

frick

"oh- um- i-i- there's not much to tell." i stuttered out. finn grabbed my hand under the table and held onto it tightly. i relaxed a little as his thumb ran along my hand. "i'm sure there is." his mom said.

"w-well i love to read and l-listen to music it calms me down, especially when my mom just got done yelling at me or beat-" i stopped myself as i barely realized what i was saying. i was rambling due to how nervous i was and it slipped. finn's grip on my hand had loosened.

i looked around at all the shocked and worried faces. "i-i should go. t-thank you for having me mr. and mrs. wolfhard n-nice meeting you nick i-i'll see you t-tomorrow f-finn." i said my breathing picking up from its normal pace into fast and ragged. i got up rushing out the door.

i ran as fast as i could home as i felt hot wet tears streaming down my face and i didn't do anything to stop them.

i messed up. big. time.