e l e v e n .

dakota's pov

i woke up excitedly getting ready to meet up with finn at starbucks. i got dressed actually taking some time on my appearance and smiled to myself. i grabbed my phone and backpack and went to starbucks.

time skip

i sat down at a table patiently waiting for finn. after a couple minutes passed he still wasn't here. probably woke up late, that dingus. i knew any minute now he'd walk in through those doors and apologize repeatedly because that's just the kind of person he is.

i smiled at that thought but it quickly faded. no finn. more time passed and i started to get worried.

princess💓💞💕:
hey i'm at starbucks where
are you??

i waited and waited for his reply but never got one. i checked the time once more and sighed. the bell for school is almost going to ring. i have to go.

finn wolfhard why did you stand me up?

because i'm a loser he finally got tired of me. stupid stupid stupid. why would i ever think someone like finn would want to be friends with me.

i quickly got to school expecting to maybe see him at some point throughout the day.

it was finally lunch time and still no finn. i frowned and sat at our usual spot picking at my food. looking down. "here let me help you with that."

"finn!-" before i knew it i felt the hot steaming school lunch pasta and milk go in my hair and down my back. i winced and heard laughs and giggles all around me. i looked up and saw it wasn't finn.

i'm an idiot. why would i think finn would come to school let alone see me.

"you thought i was finn? aww how cute. get over him he doesn't like you, he just pities you." the boy said getting in my face smiling as if he just won a million dollars.

i felt my eyes start to sting and my heartbeat started pounding. i clenched my fists tightly as my breathing quickened. "troy! get away from her." i heard a familiar voice say. "audrey fuck off this doesn't involve you." he snarled.

"damn right it does involve me when it's about my best friend." she said back getting in his face. he gave me a death glare and walked off with girls trailing behind him laughing

"ta-ta!" one said blowing me a kiss laughing. "kota-" "i'm fine." i said my voice cracking. i took a shaky breath, in and out. "i'm okay." i repeated reassuring myself.

"where's finn?" she asked. "i-i don't k-know." i truthfully said. "come on let's take you to the office." she said as we both walked to the office.

audrey waited outside as i was instructed to call my mom to bring me new clothes.

i can't call her she'll get mad at me.

my shaky hands dialed her number and awaited for her to pick up.

"who is this?" her scratchy voice rang through my ears. "m-mom it's me d-dakota-" "what the fuck could you possibly want?" she said annoyed. "s-someone spilled f-food all over me-" i was cut off as she starting laughing.

i felt my eyes brim with tears. i tried my best to ignore her laughs and continued talking my voice cracking slightly, "i n-need you to bring me n-new clothes."

she stopped laughing. "how dare you call me and ask me to bring you clothes you knew damn well i'm busy. that's not respect. when you get home i'll be teaching you a new lesson." she said and the line went dead.

i flinched and hung up the phone. i walked out and stayed in the office for the rest of the day.

time skip

my hands shakily and hesitantly grabbed at the doorknob. i slowly twisted it open as my moms words replayed in my head like a loop. i ran upstairs trying my best to avoid mom but failed.

once i opened my bedroom door i saw her there. "think you could escape and be "safe"?" she chuckled. she came towards me as i slowly backed away.

"come here you disappointment." she snarled grabbing my wrists harshly tight enough to leave a bruise. i flinched as she dragged me over to her. "respect!" she yelled in my face.

"you will show me respect!" she screamed slapping me after.

she started spelling out the word out loud slapping me.

r, slap.
e, slap.
s, slap.
p, slap.
e, slap.
c, slap.
t, slap.

i winced and started crying. "oh shut up your hurting my fucking head." she said throwing me onto the ground walking out of my room. she slammed the door harshly causing me to flinch.

i grabbed my phone and texted finn. praying that he would answer.

princess💓💞💕:
hey finn please answer me.

princess💓💗💕:
i need you right now

princess💓💞💕:
why weren't you at school
today?

princess💓💞💕:
i got food thrown on me today
and my mom, she beat me when
i came home.

princess💓💞💕:
please txt back as soon as you
can, i can't stay here i don't feel
safe.

princess💓💞💕:
your my source of happiness
please txt back i desperately
need you

princess💓💞💕:
you promised remember. please answer me back finn

i shut my phone off tossing it to the side knowing it was no use.

finn finally got sick and tired of me. he left me for good. i deserve to feel this pain. call me dramatic. maybe finn was just busy today but i needed him.

she hurt me again.

please don't leave
me.