Chapter 3

He didn't know what attracted him to her. Whether it was the way her brown tinted red hair in the sunlight or whether it was because she seemed so determined and feisty. Kaiden also loved her eyes. The dull brown seemed to light up with energy and curiosity. Only his mate could make something so benign into something so magnificent.

He loved looking at Katie's eyes, especially when she was mad. The flame in her eyes only grew.

"-Um, I mean, please, Alpha Crow," his cute little mate ended bowing her head in embarrassment. Kaiden would have laughed at his mate's adorableness except for the fact that she'd probably get angry at him.

"Your Alpha owed me something, and I figured he needed a little reminder of his debt before he forgot," he finally said, making Katie's eyes scrunch together. As far as she was concerned, her alpha was a very good one. She didn't know why he would owe anybody anything.

"Now, why I really came here is to ask if you were busy tonight," Alpha Crown loudly declared clapping his hands together making Katie flush beat red.

"I, um, I have dinner with my family tonight," she replied although she was slightly disappointed that she couldn't spend more time with Alpha Crow.

Unlike normal wolves, Katie found no issue talking to this alpha. She didn't feel the need to bow or submit to him. She knew she must, as it was pack law and respectful. But it made her curious. Why wasn't she like most wolves? Why couldn't her wolf just shift?

"Perfect! I've been wondering what your parents are like," Alpha Crow grinned, making Katie's eyes widen.

Did he just invite himself over?

"No, no Alpha, my family isn't nearly perfect. You don't want to meet them. Perhaps we can see each other another time," she quickly explained, only getting a wave of a hand in dismissal.

"Let's go, Pumpkin," he said, opening the black truck door, "I'm sure your parents will be waiting."

Rage bubbled in Katie's stomach. This was the third time he has called her a pet name borrowed by her father! "First of all, don't call me pumpkin.I'm not a child! " She glared up at him and held up two fingers, "Second of all, I don't get into cars with strangers."

The alpha rolled his eyes, "I can call you whatever I want. Now, let us go before your parents get worried."

Totally ignoring her furious expression, Alpha Crow climbed into his truck waiting for Katie to do the same. It was a good thing that he cleaned out his truck that morning. The only speck of imperfection laid in the crow shaped air freshener that hung from the dashboard. Alpha Crow frowned, eyeing Katie from the corner of his eye. She sat stubbornly, body tilted away from him. She made no move to click her seatbelt on.

"Pumpkin, we aren't leaving until you are safely strapped in." He declared.

Katie lifted her chin and crossed her arms over her chest, "Good. My parents would have to have uninvited guests over."

Alpha sat there in silence for a second before his chest rumbled loudly. Katie's eyes went wide as Alpha Crow reached over her. His warm chest flattened against her face and she could see the muscles in his shoulders clench as he reached over to pull her seatbelt over her body. His heat made her catch her breath. The way she felt around him, it was like she couldn't breathe. Once the seat belt clicked Alpha Crow leaned back and the heat disappeared.

He glared at her as he fell back against his seat and set the truck in reverse. "Want to be difficult? Fine. Putting your safety at risk? Pretty fucking stupid," He hissed before turning to face the road. Katie's cheeks heated up and shame bubbled inside her. That was pretty stupid, going against the law just to defy an Alpha who lied about his identity. What had gotten into her? She could have used this bravery earlier and completed her mission earlier.

The drive to her house was silent. Alpha Crow tried to initiate some type of conversation, but Katie ignored him. She wasn't in the mood to answer to someone who thought of her as a child. Plus, she was still quite mad at him for his betrayal.

"So now which way," the Alpha asked as Katie peered out of her window.

"Left."

So the Alpha turned left on the street.

"Now which way?"

"Left."

So the Alpha turned left again, passing by some familiar trees.

"Are you sure we didn't pass this already?" He asked, glancing over at the human she-wolf.

"This is the Tritan pack, in the middle of the forest. Leaves are bound to look the same. Go left," she retorted, picking at her fingernails.

"No, we have definitely been here before. That leaf is exactly where it was the last four turns. Just give me the address of your house," he growled out, banging his fist on the horn. The loud honk made the human she-wolf jump around eyes wide.

Well, she never thought her plan would work.

"Um, 66 T-Triton Avenue," she sputtered, hoping that the Alpha of Crow pack wouldn't harm her.

Alphas sometimes had a tendency to overreact. It was what turned them into killing machines. Katie didn't know if it was a positive or negative wolfen characteristic. For as helpful as a tempered alpha was in protection for the pack, they also hurt pack members. She had seen the many wolves that had been hurt under Alpha Triton's wrath.

"We are here," the smooth voice of Alpha Crow sent shock throughout her body.

She didn't realize that they had already arrived. She was still stuck in her head. "Thank you for driving me home. Have a good night alpha," Katie bid, bowing her head slightly before jumping out of the truck as if it were on fire. Alpha Crow said nothing but Katie clenched her jaw in annoyance with the feelings of eyes on her back.

Hey hey! I hope y'all like this chapter! Don't be afraid to comment or vote! I can take those critics:)

So I don't know if I'm the only one who had a hard day today (too much workk!!!) but here is a little joke to brighten your day:

  Q) What did the duck say when he bought lipstick?

A) "Put it on my bill."  

.

HAHAHA!!!.... I'm I the only one who laughed at that? .... Okay, so maybe I am... 

Anyways,

See you guys next chapter! Sorry for my awkwardness!! :)