Chapter 21

Standing up with bitter stiff and agonizing bones, Katie stretched, letting out a yawn. The sheets fell from her body and she realized that she had been dressed in a short white dress.

Letting out a bitter chuckle, she looked around the room. Memories rushed back into her head of the night before and her belly tumbled in agony. Nausea crept it's way up her digestive system. Even though the room was bright from sunlight streaming in from large mosaic windows, the room seemed dark and dreary. Red drapes hung from the window reminding Katie of the blood that was spilt.

Another rumble left her belly and she let out a gasp- quickly running into the bathroom. Throwing open the toilet seat, she barely had time to kneel before vomit spilled out of her mouth.

Tears welled in her eyes at the stench. Photos flash through her mind like a parade of what occurred the night before. Burn marks scorched her skin and as she barfed, Katie could feel every part of her skin that Kaiden had violated.

She felt wrong, sick, disgusted. This was all her fault. If only she had her wolf as a child- if she had trained with the other wolves, she would have known how to fight Kaiden off.

She hated herself. She hated Kaiden. Most of all, she hated Alphas. They were all the same, evil creatures. Tears began to fall and when her stomach finally stopped heaving, Katie fell back onto the wall and cried.

She didn't know what time she got up, but as if she were on auto pilot, Katie stripped her clothes and stepped into the shower. She turned the water all the way to cold hoping to relieve the invisible burn marks forever imprinted on her skin. Taking the bar of soap, she rubbed every inch of her skin thrice over until she was numb to the touch.

Letting out a determined sigh, she narrowed her eyes as she thought about what to do with the Alpha. She thought she was strong and so she would be. Katie was weak but she wouldn't be anymore. Elijah was gone but she would continue the mission. She would review all the notes she took and make him proud. With a final forlorn sigh, Katie shut off the shower and stepped out- not bothering with a towel as the cool air danced upon her skin.

All she could feel was the cold.

Once Katie was dressed, she silently walked across the room to leave, legs wobbling every step of the way. She was about to take a step out into the hallway when the door flew open shaking her. For a second she thought that Kaiden had entered his room, but to her relief it was Wyatt.

"Good morning mi Luna cassa," He sang bowing.

She giggled looking around the room, "This is Kaiden's room?"

Wyatt nodded, eyes straying to the windows, "What do you think? The stained glass I mean."

Katie's eyes strayed to the windows. They did not seem very special at first. She was inclined to hate everything that Kaiden was.

But the windows were special. There were five windows around the room. The first one depicted a man in a forest. The second showed the man saving a dog from a hunter's snare.

In return, the wolf stayed by the man's side. By the third image, something came over Katie in a gust of wind. Slowly everything disappeared and she was standing in a small village.

Laughter rang out from every side of Katie and her eyes widened as she looked around. This wasn't Kaiden's room.

She didn't know where she was.

The world was brown and filled with cobblestones. Small houses littered a long pathway- some had open windows allowed the smell of warm bread to fill the air.

Villagers started clapping, making her turn toward a crowd of people dressed in long ball gowns covered in jewels and lace. The men wore old fashioned suits that were the blackest of black on a midnight eve.