||Part 2||

Part 2|| Fight ||

"Get off of me!" His mate screamed at him in fury.

That was not the reaction Kaiden was anticipating. After a month of not having her by his side, after hunting every rogue nearby to interrogate, he wanted his mate to run into his arms. He wanted Katie to hug him and cry for him. He had not spent a month terrorizing people for Katie's wearabouts for nothing!

"You can't leave!" He growled, gripping her arms in an unbreakable vice. She was coming home with him. With her body pressed to his, he sniffed, realizing there was something else underlying Katie's scent. It was a warm musk that was a scent reserved to the heat: a mating pheromone which made Katie irresistible to male wolves. She smelt devine. He could just eat her up.

"Let go!" She snarled as she watched his nostrils flare with desire.

"No!" Kaiden growled again, more fiercely pinning her to the ground. Her struggling and her scent made his vision cloud. He refused to leave without Katie. He promised himself that he would make sure she had a good life with him before he disappeared.

And he was going to fight for that right... no, he was going to take it.

When the deed was done, his vision cleared and horror struck his face. His mate's almond brown eye swerve coated in fear and he swallowed, looking away as he picked her up.

She screamed at him and he tried to ignore it as he carried her home. The moment he set her down in the pack house, she limped to the elevator, hopped it and locked herself in the bedroom.

"Shit, what happened, man?" Wyatt asked, coming up toward Kaiden. Hurt, pain and shock left Kaiden breathless. He stared down at his feet in shame and horror. He had only wanted to be with his mate. Now fate was laughing at him because no matter how hard he tried, he pushed her away.

"The curse," He finally muttered, making Wyatt's face go pale. Kaiden finally looked up, "I am running out of time and I have just screwed up everything."

Wyatt didn't ask for an explanation, instead he shook his head, reading Kaiden's expression before turning toward the elevators. He pressed the button and stepped in.

Kaiden watched from the lobby as the numbers in Wyatt's elevator went up, until it stopped at the penthouse where Katie was.