Chapter 19

Kaiden let out a growl of irritation as a body landed on the floor. "Get out of my way pup!"

The kid couldn't have been more than 16, but he didn't care. "Stop! I only want peace!" The boy cried as another lash sent him groaning in pain.

Kaiden tolled his eyes, Tritan pack was a very idiotic one in deed. But this boy was even more idiotic for believing that he could leave Crow pack.

No one ever leaves.

"Why are you here?!" Kaiden yelled as the whip hit the boy's back.

"I want peace!"

Kaiden laughed. There would be no peace, his baby sister was gone and Alpha Triton had taken his mate as well.

"Liar." Kaiden snarled remembering the horrible day when Stephie had arrived running into his office saying how his little cute mate had been taken.

There was only one thing Kaiden ever wanted from the world. He wanted to spend time with his mate and make her happy before he had to leave. Now she was probably rotting in a cell in a Triton pack!

Although the Crow pack mourned for Katie, many she-wolves tried for his attention. Kaden only had one thing on his mind.

Revenge.

"I swear! We don't have her!" The boy pleaded, watching with fearful eyes as Kaiden grew angrier in seconds.

The rage in his eyes made the boy whimper in fear and pain. He was crazed, the alpha of Crow pack, the boy knew that much.

"Pl-please," he whimpered mercy as Kaiden stopped laughing.

Kaiden was growing bored with the boy. He wasn't any fun now that he was begging for life. Kaiden frowned and turned his back to the boy, setting down his whip on a small metal table. The boy sighed in relief, making Kaiden smirk as he picked up the bright silver dagger.

***

Kaiden rolled his shoulders as he ran his hands under the sink. The boy's blood quickly disappeared, washed away from the cold water. No matter how hot the blood was when it splashed onto his hands and no matter how cold the water was, he still felt empty.

Without his mate, did he even exist? What was his purpose in life when he was all alone? Sure he had Stephie and Wyatt. Well, he didn't count Wyatt because it was his job to work for Kaiden, plus he kept making googly eyes at Katie.

So truly, Stephie was all he had.

He perked up, almost forgetting that he had his mother, even though she wasn't the same since his father had left him.

He turned off the sink and left the washroom, wiping his hands on his jeans. He took the elevator down to the lobby and hailed a cab that drove him to a residential area. Once he stopped at his mother's doorstep, he didn't even have to ring a bell for her to open up the door.

"MY BABY BOYY!!! OH LOOK AT MY PUP! You are so grown up now," his mother squealed. She had long blonde hair and the same electric blue eyes as him. She was about a head shorter and wore a pair of dress pants and a nice turquoise top.

"Mother, I have been grown up for a while now," Kaiden declared, ducking into the house. His mother waved him off as he made his way into the living room.

His mother scrunched up her nose and crossed her right leg over her left, "if you were more grown up, you would have introduced me to your mate."

Kaiden's mouth dropped and he tried to find an excuse to tell his mother. However, in all honesty, the time he spent with Katie felt so short. He couldn't think of a good time to introduce her to his mother. What Kaiden was more concerned with was how she knew of his mate.