Chapter 13

Katie looked around the territory in awe. Buildings littered the area like flowers. What was once a forest labyrinth was now a small city. Even with her human ears, she could hear the ambient noise of cars. It was the total opposite from her small hidden pack in the woods.

"This is all yours?" She asked, making Kaiden grin and his chest to puff in pride.

"Ours. If you will have me, this city is ours to run," His eyes twinkled as he glanced down at Katie. "There are few humans on the territory, making it easier for our Territory to blend in. We don't need to worry about poachers here."

Katie's jaw dropped as she stared at the numerous people walking about the streets. Stores upon stores lined up together as well as stacked together enclosed her. Lights and fancy logos sprouted up everywhere like fancy arrows telling customers where to go. The honking of cars and smell of pollution filled the air. Katie loved it.

She was glad that Kaiden had invited her to his Territory. It made the whole potential werewolf thing all the more real. She couldn't wait to spend more time with Kaiden.

"So this is the city." She concluded, sighing at the wonderful highways. Kaiden nodded, still staring at her. "Welcome to Crow pack, Pumpkin. Where even the humans are welcomed-"

"Kaiden! My man, where have you been!" A loud voice startled Katie's wandering eyes.

Instead, they snapped to a dark brown man about 6ft. He had a bald head and a beautiful jawline that could probably cut wood. His handsome body was filled out in all the right places. From beside her, Kaiden let out a deep vibrating growl yanking her to his side.

"Woah, chill. I didn't mean to pinch your tattas man." The stranger raised his hands in surrender as Katie felt her eyes grow wide.

"Mine," Kaiden snarled, his eyes growing dark before looking down at his mate. "The only man you can look at is me."

Katie gulped as a trickle of fear wove through her body. She would gladly admit that her mate, the word made her so giggly, was a great view. But she also had to give credit where credit was due.

"I'm Beta Waytt, and you must be our Luna," the man bowed his neck in submission toward Katie making her squirm with discomfort.

Generally higher ranked roles were inherited through the mate bond. Katie had almost forgotten that she was a Luna. She would be expected to lead a pack with her Alpha mate. That was a lot of responsibility and expectations. She already had trouble living up to her mum's ideologies. The notion of running a pack scared her more than she would have liked to admit.

"I'm Katie." She replied quietly, sticking out a nimble hand. Waytt looked up slightly with amusement twinkling in his eyes. He took Katie's hand and shook it before turning toward Kaiden.

"So, the almighty Crow finally decided to show me the girl he was hiding away from me?"

Kaiden's jaw dropped and Katie watched as he paid no aggression toward the beta that had treated him with such disrespect. Perhaps he wasn't the type of Alpha to go around and kill everyone.

"W-what do you mean? I was away for a meeting..."

Waytt rolled his eyes, slapping Kaiden on the back lightly, "Come on, it's no secret that you were off wooing a girl. You refused any questions about it before, but there's no hiding it now! You brought back a girl and I bet you my pants that it was because you were afraid that she would fall for my deliciously good looks."

He wiggled his eyebrows at Katie making her giggle. She covered her lips as soon as the sound escaped her lips, for crying out loud, her mate was right next to her!