Prologue

Zane P.O.V.  ~~~~~⬆️⬆️⬆️Zane⬆️⬆️⬆️~~~~~

"JUST GET LOST LOSER" Tom, one of my bullies yells at me. "YEAH YOU FAGGOT, YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH" Bill, my other bully says to me. "Just l-leave me a-a-alone, please, I d-don't want a-any trouble" I say sounding as confident as I can but failing horribly. "TOO BAD FOR YOU, THIS IS ARE TERRITORY AND WE'RE GONNA MAKE SURE YOU PAY FOR STEPPING ON IT". My eyes widen as I try to make a break for it but was grabbed by the hair, "Uh uh uh, you're not going anywhere" Tom said with an evil smirk on his face right before he punches me in the stomach. He lets me go and I fall to the ground holding my stomach while they start kicking and punching me. "You're pathetic, you don't even have any magic you weakling" Tom says while kicking my face. "You don't even deserve to live, I feel bad for whoever your mate is, hope he rejects you, you freak" Bill say to me while kicking and punching my side.

Honestly, they were right, I had no powers, I wasn't strong, I wasn't special, my mate would probably just reject me right as they saw me. Tom and Bill used to be my best friends until they found out I was gay. The look of disgust on their faces that day when they found out just just... crushed me. Now they bully me constantly and here we are right now, us behind the school, after school hours while they beat me to a pulp. After a few more punches and kicks they left, blood coming out of my nose and mouth with tears rolling down my cheek. I hate my life.

After about 10 minutes of just laying there I decided to get up. I stumbled a little but was able to stand-up right and decided to walk home. I didn't live very far from the school, just a couple block away. Near the edge of a forest.

Once I got home I unlock the door slowly and quietly and sneak my way in. Right as I got in and closed the door behind me the lights when on. "AND WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN" I turn around to see my dad standing there with a bottle of beer in his hand probably drunk. "I w-was just at t-the p-p-park" I say scared of what he'll do to me. "DON'T LIE TO ME" he says as he grabs my wrist and smashes the empty bottle over my head. "AHHHHH" I scream in agony as I fall to the floor feeling the blood go down my head and dripping onto the floor. "YOU PATHETIC LITTLE BITCH, YOU'RE THE REASON ISABELLA DIED" he says then kicks me a few time in my already bruised gut and walks to the couch and falls asleep.

Isabella or my mom, died when I was five. I was out exploring the forest and decided to start to head back because it was getting dark outside when I came across a dead deer, at first I didn't know what it was so I went closer to have a look at it and realized what it was and started running back towards the house. All of a sudden I hear noises behind me "MOM HELP M-" before I could finish my sentence I was tackled to the ground. I rolled over to see a wolf right above me, I noticed it was huge at about 5'1, it had scratch marks all over it and some of its black fur was falling off at the side. It stared at me with deep red eyes and all I could think of was that it was a rouge alpha. I may be five but I was pretty smart for my age, anyways, it opened its mouth and was about to bite me when a fireball came and hit it in the face causing him to fall backwards.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY SON" I look up to see my mom rushing towards me. "Honey, are you ok?!" my mom says with clear panic in her voice, "Mommy, I'm scared" I say to her. She picks me up off the ground so I'm standing up-right "it's okay honey, mommy's here, don't you worry". She pulls me into a tight hug. I was sobbing and had calmed down a little. I look up to see my moms face and she stared down at me with loving eyes, she smiles at me and I smiled back still crying. She rubs my head gently and look up then I see the blood drain from her face.

I hear something behind me, "Why you little bitch." My eyes widen when I turn a little to see a man standing there with nothing but boxers on and scars all over his body and a light burn mark on his face probably from the fire ball. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US!" My mom yells at him furious from the events that recently took place. "I just wanted to have a snack but now it look like I'm gonna have a full meal tonight." He say smiling like a lunatic. My mom turns to me "Sweety I love you with all my heart. I need you to run back to the house and call your father", "But-", "NO BUTS, JUST GET OUT!" She yells at me and shoots a lightning bolt at the guy and pushes me in the direction of the house right as he dodges the attack. I start running at full speed to the house and all I can see are red/orange, yellow, light blue, and dark blue lights meaning the stranger also had magic.