Chapter 3 ~ Confusion

Zane P.O.V. ~~~~~⬆️⬆️⬆️Lain⬆️⬆️⬆️~~~~~ (I know the emerald green eyes are a bit of a stretch but I will not have two silver eye people, that would really mess with my OCD)

Darkness, it's all I can see. "Is this it... is this how my life ends?" I ask no one in particular. I was surprised when I ended up getting a response "Do you want this to be how your life ends?" The mysterious voice asked. "I don't know, I don't want to have to go through the pain and suffering anymore!" I answer back about to break down and cry.

There's a long silence before the voice decides to speak again "What about your mates?" The voice asked "My mates probably wouldn't- wait did you just say mates!?" I asked completely shocked and a bit skeptical at what I just heard. "Yes, mates. I can't tell you who they are but I can tell you that they're caring for you right as we speak.

'My mates are caring for me right now? They must've found me when I pasted out... they probably wouldn't like me once they find out who I am' I say to myself with sadness. "Maybe, maybe not. But, how could you leave them. You may get rid of your pain but what about their's, they finally find their mate just to see him die."

'...the voice is right, I may get rid of my pain but then I'll just create new ones for them. They shouldn't have to suffer just because I didn't want to live anymore.' "Wait a minute, how did-" I was about to ask something but the voice cut me off "We're in your mind... plus you were talking out loud" I feel my face heat up a little.

"So, if you want you can still choose death, or if you're willing to take a chance, you can choose life" the voice tells me. "I think I'll choose life" I answer back with a little bit of a ~duh~ tone. "Very well" and after I hear that a bright light starts to shine. "Wait, I just realized, I don't even know who you are?" I half asked/stated.

"I'll give you a hint. Moon" the voice say while the light gets brighter and brighter. "What does- *gasp* the moon goddess!" I say in shock and before the voice could respond I wake up. I squint my eyes to the brightness of the sun shining through the curtains and hitting my face.

I hear the door open so I turn to look at who was there. I see three hott guys standing at the door. I assume they're the one's who took me hear so I asked "Where am I?", the room was completely silent until Jett says something "Guess we're not dying today", "I guess so".

"Oh, and those are our mates" it took me a bit to register what Jett just said but when I did, I almost passed out again. I start to fall back onto the bed when something hold me up. "Whoa there, you alright?" the guy with the red hair and silver eyes asked me. I turn and look at him "Yeah, sorry".

We just stared at each other for a moment when another voice came from behind me "Blaze, stop bothering him, he needs to rest!" "Oh shut it Clayton, I was just seeing if he was alright" "Sureee, because staring at someone is how you check if they're alright". The two start arguing when the third person decides to talk "Leave" he said a deep and clam voice which honestly was kind of a turn on. "But-" "Go" and with that the other two left.

"I'm sorry about them, I'm Lain. The one with the red hair is Blaze and the one with the blonde hair is Clayton. What's your name?" "Umm, my name is Zane" I say shyly "Well, it's very nice to meet you Zane. You should get some rest, your still healing from your injuries. I'll come check on you later and bring some food, ok?" I just nod in response and with that, he left.

"Well that was interesting" Jett says "Agreed" I answer back and with that, I lay back down and fall asleep.

Lain P.O.V.

I close the door behind me and turn to see two brain-dead boys arguing. I walk up to them and smack them in the head. "Hey! What was that for?" Clayton asks while rubbing his head, "You literally argued with each other right in front of OUR MATE! AND AFTER HE JUST WOKE UP!" I scream at them and they both look down to the ground feeling guilty.