Chapter 7 ~ New Discovery

Zane P.O.V.

'You're pathetic' "What?" I ask, confused on what's going on 'I can't believe you're the chosen one' "What are you talking about?! What's going on!?". I look around but all I see is pitch black. 'Your mates should've let you died'... "What the HELL!" I was starting to get angry 'You're weak, a loser, and you're nothing'.

"SCREW YOU!" I start thrashing around, hoping to hit whoever was saying that. 'You're the reason your' "Stop" I knew where this was heading 'mother' "Shut up!" 'Died' "I SAID SHUT UP!". A red/orange light starts forming around me and the next thing I knew, I was drenched in water.

My eyes open as I immediately sit up and start coughing from the water. I look to my right to see Danny standing there with his hand out like he just sprayed me with water. "What the hell Danny!?" I yell while getting up to get a towel, "Umm, I should be the one mad at you! You almost burned the house down!".

"Yea, sure. Real funny Danny" I walk into the bathroom and grabbed a towel to dry off with. "I'm serious, I thought you said you didn't have magic" "That's because I don't". I dry my hair as best as I could and was going to close the bathroom door when Danny stopped me. "Wait, did you really not notice?". He asks while pushing the door back open.

"Notice what?" I ask looking straight at him. "Remember when you were running away from me?", "What are you- Wait, you were the one that chased me through the forest!?" "... Not the point, anyways, do you remember when you started to get faster and faster, and the crystal around your neck started to glow?"

"Yea, why?" I'm so confused right now "Can I look at your necklace?" "Why?" Just let me look at it" Fine Mr Bossy Pants". I take off my necklace and handed it to him "Zane, do what this is?" "Umm, a necklace that's was given to me as a present" 'Okay, I'm completely lost'.

"But do you what it's made out of?" "No, why?" "It's eleulite, the same crystal used to determine what kind of elemental magic you have" "Wait, are you saying that I was using air magic when I was running from you". "Yes, how do you think you got faster and faster?" "Adrenaline" "And the glow?" "Imagination". "Really Zane, really".

"Hey, you don't what's going on when you're getting chased thinking you're gonna die!" "And you know, this is still hard to believe, maybe the crystal glowed because it reacted to something else it touched" "Do you really believe that?" "I don't know what to believe ok?! This is all new stuff to me! I mean, how come the crystal didn't glow when I did the element test thing when I was younger?"

"I can't answer that, but what I do know is that you have magic" "Ok, well then how do I activate them?" "I have a theory, but you're gonna have to trust me" 'This worries me' "Sure, whatever. Just tell me the theory" "How about instead of telling you, I show you" and with that Danny punched me in the stomach, not enough to where I fall to the ground, but enough to where I hold my stomach out of reflex.

"What the HELL DANNY!? What was that for!?" "Ok, take a step back" I look at him angrily but do as he says "Now look at where you just were" I look down and see a bit of a burn mark on the carpet "What are you trying to say?" "That your magic seems to be tied to your emotion. I read about this somewhere before, this is a quote from the book. When a person has not developed a way to control their magic, the magic will take on the emotions of that person."

"So you're saying that my magic is connected to my emotions?" I ask confirming I heard him correctly?", "Yes! Again, I don't know why they started to happen now, all I know is that you have magic. So far there's fire when you're angry, air when you're scared, and either light or earth magic.". "Light or earth?" "Well you're standing aren't you.".