Chapter 5 ~ Secrets

Zane P.O.V. (Played this while writing the chapter)⬆️

"Clayton, can we slow down?" I asked but he didn't listen. *sigh*, I just did my best to keep up with him, we walked down the stairs and then to the dining room. We stopped right at the door and he turned to face me "*sigh* I'm sorry... let's just keep it between us for now, ok?" All I did was nod, after that, we walked in.

As we got in, I saw Lain and Blaze sitting at one end of the table, and three other men sitting on the other end. "Morning Zane" Lain said, "Sup" Blaze then says, I just responded with a little wave. "Now that we're all here, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Jack, Blaze's father. This is Jake, Lain's father. "Hello" And Jaden, Clayton's father. "Nice to meet you"." Umm, hello sirs" I say quietly and sit down at the end.

"Here are your breakfast sirs" the server said while setting food down on the table. "Thank you" Jack says and the server leaves. Everyone started to take food so I just grabbed a pancake with my fork and started to eat it. "So, if you don't mind me asking, where did you come from?". Jake asks.

"*sigh* I'm from the Dark Eclipse pack" I say softly looking at the ground. "That's what I thought, may I ask what happened to make you leave?" Jake ask cautiously. "Umm, the reasons were..." I start to tear up from the memories. "First my mother died, then the alpha bashed me to the ground, I was bullied, and my dad beat me. Ex-excuse m-me, I-i gotta g-go." I say trying to hold back the tears while getting up and running out the door.

"Zane wait-" I hear call but I just kept running. 'Zane, we're not leaving the pack are we?' Jett asks sounding a bit scared. 'No, I just need some time alone' I respond. 'Ok, if you need me I'll always be here for you' Jett says in a soothing voice 'Thanks Jett'. I start to slow down when something hit my head.

"Ow" I wipe the tears from my eye to see that I hit a tree. I feel my head where I was hit and there was a little bit of blood but nothing too serious. I walk around the tree a couple time before deciding to sit down next to it, I put my knees up to my chest and buried my head into my legs and just cried. Eventually passing out. Even though it's morning and I just woke up.

Time skip - 8 hours later, 6:00 p.m.

I slowly wake up and see that it's dark out. "Wait WTF, how is it da- oh yea, it's winter... Wait, then why isn't there snow here, even though there was snow earlier?! Wtf is going on?!" I look around and all I see are a few trees close by and... SNOW! I LOOK AT WHERE I WAS AND THERE WAS SNOW! "You know what, sometimes it's better not to ask questions.".

'Hey Jett' 'Yea Zane?' 'Do you know the way back?' I ask him worriedly 'I believe so, Just walk to the other side of the tree and go forward in the opposite direction of the tree' 'Thanks Jett, I don't know what I would do without you' 'No problem Za- we're not alone' 'What?' RUN ZANE' 'UMM, OK'

I rush to the other side of the tree and sprinted forward as fast as I could. 'ZANE, IT'S CA-' 'Jett? JETT?! WHERE'D YOU GO'. "LEAVE ME ALONE" I was terrified, I didn't want to die. I felt myself getting faster and faster while the crystal around my neck started glowing a bright blue.

I didn't question it and soon I saw the pack house "LAIN, BLAZE, CLAYTON, HELP!", I look behind me to see if it was still there, nothing. 'Did it stop? Either way I'm not stopping, I've seen enough horror movies to know what happens when you stop.' I turn in front to see Blaze, Clayton, and Lain coming towards me.

I was so relieved that I didn't even notice that a vine wrapped around my ankle, causing me to fall. "WHAT!?" I then see Blaze shooting a fireball at it, but that didn't work. 'Why didn't that work!?'. "ZANE!" They all shouted, then I was pulled into the forest.

"WHAT DO YOu Wa-n-t?" I tried to say but found myself getting sleepy and soon I pass out.

***********************************
Sorry for not updating for so long and not writing a long chapter. I've just been dealing with stuff and just wasn't in the writing mood.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed😄