X. Unfortunate

"I wore a fucking condom! How did this happen!?"

3 o'clock in the morning was the time that Jae came barging into Viktor's apartment. The South Korean showed up with nothing but a white T-Shirt and plaid blue pajama pants. No socks or shoes to protect him from the hard sharp pavement.

"This can't be right. That can't be my baby," Jae mumbled. Viktor tried his best to calm his best friend down. Nothing he tried was working.

"Jae. You need to relax. A child is a big responsibility but-"

"That's the problem! I'm the most irresponsible person in the world! What the hell am I going to do with a baby?"

Viktor frowned at the site of his friend. The poor man was in distress and there was really nothing that could be done. As the two continued to talk a large creature crept from down the hall in search of her father.

"Mishka?" Viktor called. The Giant Alaskan Malamute yawned and placed her large furry head on Viktor's knee. She proceeded to whine as the Russian man patted her lightly.

"I know, girl. I know. I don't like it when people are upset either," Viktor sighed.

"I don't know what to do. It was just one night of sex and now I'm a fucking father. I pray that it's not mine," Whispered Jae. Viktor could see the fear form in his eyes. It was taboo for Jae to ever show weakness, but he couldn't control his emotions at the moment.

"Who is the woman? Do I know her?"

"Doubt it. She goes to your gym though. You might have seen her before,"

Of course. Jae always found his sex partners at Viktor's gym. The 28-year-old was a damn pussy magnet. Women found Jae extremely attractive and couldn't help but throw themselves at him. Jae accepted the attention and always had sex with his so called admirers. Viktor knew that one day Jae would come to his senses. Just not like this.

"If the child is yours then you have to be there for it. I know this is scary but you cannot abandon it," Viktor explained. He watched as Jae tensed up and let out a shaky breath.

"My dad was a lazy piece of shit. If the baby is mine then I'll do my best to support it," Just as Jae finished his sentence a large hand slapped down on his back.

"Good! Good! You are finally maturing! This is great news!"

"Shut up you Russian ass."

The two friends always made sure to have each other's backs. Jae was once obese and severely depressed. At the age of 18, the young South Korean wanted nothing more than to be "hot". Viktor who was 25 at the time offered to help the depressed teenager lose some weight. From that moment on the two became inseparable. Even at their lowest point, they were there for one another.
__________________________

"You need to rest Mishka. I don't want you to be too tired," Viktor yawned. The Russian was obviously exhausted. Even Mishka noticed it. With a loud bark, she nudged Viktor's leg.

"No no no. I'm already late. I can't go back to sleep," Viktor laughed. Mishka only whined and continued to nudge his leg.

"Take it easy, girl. Hurting puppies is not something you should do."

The Giant Alaskan Malamute was pregnant and Viktor couldn't be happier. He had been waiting for this moment for his whole life and now it was almost going to happen. Mishka was his baby and now she was having babies. At 35 the Russian man already felt like a grandfather.

Viktor made a quick stop to his neighbor's apartment. The 76-year-old woman owned a male Alaskan Malamute. Mishka's boyfriend. Both the dogs had been playmates for years. No expected them to actually mate.

He hummed along to the song on the radio and drove smoothly on the brand new road. It was a road that had been used by the community for years. It used to be full of cracks and pot holes. With enough complaints from the people of the small town, they finally fixed it.

"Should I shave? I think I should shave," Viktor mumbled to himself. He stroked his thick brown beard in thought. The crumbs from the oatmeal bar he ate earlier had settled into the curly mess. He looked horrendous.

"Yep. I'm shaving." Viktor pulled into his gym's parking lot and stepped out the car. Right before he walked in he spotted a familiar young woman. Amari sat is her car devouring what looked like some kind of cheese burger.

"Amari?" Viktor called. He watched her wipe her mouth with the back of her hand before looking up at him.

"You are very early. I haven't even unlocked the doors yet," Viktor chuckled. Amari held a finger up to signal him before she finished the food in her mouth.

"I forgot my charger here," Amari said nonchalantly. Viktor took a moment to step back and look at her. Dark circles were visible under her tired eyes and she slouched against the car seat with a yawn. Amari wasn't even dressed to work out. A baggy gray jogging suit hid her bony features. The same scowl from yesterday covered the young black woman's face. Viktor had never been so terrified of someone.

"Oh, I... I will get it for you," Quickly Viktor was gone. What was wrong with her? She looked so tired. What was she going through? Bullying? Depression? Eating disorder? All of the above? Viktor wanted to help Amari. He would regret his entire life if she died the same way his grandmother did. So skinny. Refusing to eat. Just wasting away.

"There you go! I keep the forgotten chargers in my safe so no one steals them," Viktor smiled before he handed the green iPhone charger to Amari. It had to be hers. Her name was written in bold black letters on the adapter. He held his breath when he felt her sharp knuckles brush against his hand.

"Thank you. My phone is completely dead," Amari laughed. Her hands shook as she plugged her phone into the charger.

"You don't look too good," Viktor started. "If the workouts are too much for you let me know and-"

"I'm fine. Didn't sleep too well. That's all. You look the same way,"

"Ah! You have good eyes! My dog woke me up. She is pregnant and I'm very excited. She's due any moment and it's been messing with my sleep," Viktor lied. Why would he just blurt out Jae's business? Amari replied with an understanding nod and strapped her seatbelt back on.

"I can't exercise today. I have anger management class. Mondays and Thursdays,"

Anger management. Amari never ever expected herself to participate in the class. She was always so happy and joyful. Ever since Mamu's death all that happiness went away. Why was it there in the first place? She was never her mother favorite and her family used her for money. Where the fuck did the so called happiness come from?

"Try to get some rest until your class starts. Sleeping during class will not be beneficial to you," Viktor laughed. The corner of her mouth moved ever so slightly causing Viktor's grin to become larger.

"You need to worry about how beneficial the man bun is to you. Keep the fade though," Amari pulled off in hysterical laughter. The look Viktor gave her was priceless. It was a mix of embarrassment and shock. Two perfect emotions.

The large Russian gave her one final wave as she pulled into the street. When Amari's car was no longer in view Viktor's hands flew into his hair.

"B-But I like my bun."
__________________________
I really want to apologize for this late chapter. School started back up and I developed a bad habit of going to sleep as soon as I get home. Nothing but laziness. I'm sorry 😭😭😭.

Now please let's have a moment silence for the victims of 2001 September 11th Terrorist attacks. May every single victim Rest In Peace ✌🏾 ❤️