XX. Right?

"Purple."

"Really? You seem like a red guy."

"Is it because I am Russian? I understand," Viktor pretended to be upset.

"Be quiet. You know that's not what I meant. Now tell me how old you are," Amari mumbled as she ran her hand through Viktor's hair. The large man rested his head on her bare chest and laced his fingers with hers. What they did last night barely phased them. Instead of jumping up in sheer panic they decided that getting to know each other made more sense. After all, they were dating now, right?

...Right?

"I know. Just being silly," Viktor laughed. "I am 35 by the way."

"I'm 25," Amari replied.

Viktor looked up at her with a
raised eyebrow. "I thought you were 24?"

"I was. What's your favorite animal?" Amari tried to change the subject.

"Bear. When's your birthday? January 25th is mine," Viktor smiled goofily at her glare. Amari knew exactly what he was doing.

"July 2nd."

"Amari!" Viktor gasped. "That was last week!"

"Yeah, so? Not really a big deal. I usually just cook a meal for myself and eat sweets," Amari explained. Mamu always wished her a happy birthday. Patrick would if he was home in the morning. Her family often forgot. This year she got nothing, and she was ok with that. When Amari first snapped she hated her family for not giving a damn, but now she's slowly trying to push them away completely. It was better to have no family at all than to have a family who didn't enjoy your presence right?

...Right?

"Birthdays are a very big deal! We must celebrate!" Viktor exclaimed happily. Suddenly a loud howl filled the entire room.

'Damn dog.'

"Heh. Sorry. She does that when I am loud," Viktor apologized with rosy cheeks. He quickly rolled out of the bed started getting dressed.

Amari sat up in the large bed with the sheets pulled up to her once exposed breasts. "Uh. What are you doing?"

"Hush. I will be back. Don't leave," Viktor ordered. Before she could protest the large man was out of the room. Amari could hear the faint sound of the front door opening and closing.

"That man is strange," She laughed to herself. She fell back onto the soft pillow and let out a sigh. Last night she and Viktor had sex.

Good God...

Amari let out a small sigh as She recalled the way he held her. The way he kissed her. The way he fucked her.

"Amari," She warned herself. "Stop."

Of course, they were both high as kites but she remembered everything. Nor did she regret it. It felt amazing to finally feel safe and loved. Patrick was a good lover but he usually fell asleep after.

Amari's thoughts were interrupted when a loud howl filled the air.

Mishka

"Please be quiet," Amari mumbled as she sank lower into the blankets. She tried her hardest to ignore the howls but they seemed to get louder and longer each time. It sounded like the poor beast was in agonizing pain. Amari was still terrified of dogs but at the sound of  Mishka's she felt bad. She could have sworn she heard the dog yell Dad. Amari couldn't take it anymore.