-11-

//one month later//

I live in a constant state of fear and misery.

I hummed the tune to myself as I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, a man on the other side of the mirror looking back at me.

He didn't look like me from a month ago, the past self wouldn't stand up for themselves, was insecure, and just simply themself.

But now, I'm different. People look up to me, talk to me, and just treats me like a human.

There are still people that make fun of my appearance for being the skinny boy, with unnatural eyes.

But I'm fine with myself now.

I'm still insecure, but I feel better about myself due to the fact that tord and Michael gave me this talk about 'how I'm perfect.'

It's quite odd about how the two have been acting different towards me lately, Tord has been way nicer than before, and for Michael he's just plain kindness!

I honestly appreciate it.

Do you miss me anymore?

But here I am, washing my hands looking at my reflection, and reflecting on my life.

I turn of the tap, and quickly dry my hands.

The door was slowly pushed open, a soldier walking in. After all it is an army bathroom.

But there stood Michael, the fabulous medic that made me feel welcome.

"Oh! Hi tom!" Cheekily grinned the medic. "Hiya, Michael!" My face was covered in a bright smile, of course due to the fact that I was talking to my favorite person.

He quickly washed his hands, then drying them. "Hey so.. I was wondering if you wanna go to the training ward for some warm ups."

And I don't even notice.

I instantly nod, my hair bobbing along with my head movements. "Sure thing, but what exact warmups are we going to do?" My hand wraps around the bob of the door pulling it open. "Sparring."

A grin was instantly plastered on my face, smiling like a child "yes! Let's do that!" Michael smiled back and went out, with me following after him. "Great!"

The training ward was dark, the lights were obviously off. Switching the light switch, the lights instantly turned on revealing the still breath taking training ward.

I walk around and wave my arms in the air, still amazed at how big this place is. Michael folded his arms and smiled "still amazed, eh?"

"Pretty much!" My voice ached with a laugh.

We both quickly put on our sparring gear and we stepped in the marching arena, our swords drawn but smiles visible.

Clashing of swords echoed around the room, dodges and hits were made but the two boys were laughing away like it was some game.

The sparring swords clashed together making the loud sounds of them clashing echo around the room and a little bit in the hallways, of course attracting the army leader to see who was in there.

Michael laughed and pulled off his mask, revealing his freckled but smiling face "I never knew you were that good, tom!"

I bowed, but also taking my mask off at the same time. "Why thank you, but I am sure I was better than you" my voice was soaking with a joking tone and he started to laugh.

Michael leaped up and pinned me against the arena floor, his face grinning "nah, I'm sure I'm better."

I grin "say it to my face." My black eyes glinted with joy.

Michael leaned forward and connected his lips to mine, his amazingly soft lips pressed up against mine.

It honestly didn't feel right, but I kissed back.

Michael pulled away. "I guess I was right, huh?" I nod.

The door shut closed, causing me and Michael to instantly stand up, but I swear I saw Tord's hair.

When it hurts anymore.
Anymore.
Anymore.
Anymore.

an// hey uh sorry for the short chapter, I got a new phone cuz why fix the screen of a broken one when you can just get a new one, but I'm not used to typing on an iPhone due to the fact that I haven't used one in a month.