Chapter 2 - Day 91 (first letter)

Dearest Nate,

It has been 91 days since you told me that you wanted to break up with me. Each day that passed since that dreadful day, I couldn't help but ask myself what was wrong with me? Was I not enough to make you feel secured of my love? Was I not as awesome like the day you told me I was awesome for being me and how you adored me for who I am? Does my eyes not sparkle anymore like it did the first time we met? Do I no longer make your heart beat fast and slow at the same time, just like the time we had our first kiss? Do I not make your heart flutter when we touch hands. Or perhaps do I no longer make you loose your breath when we kiss?

Why was there such a sudden change? How could you throw away the 9 years of our relationship? Then telling me it was not because of another woman... To my surprise I see you proudly posting a picture of you and her - that woman is supposed to be me, that woman used to be me, that woman should have been me. 

I gave you my world, distanced myself from my friends because you wanted it to be just us - and yet you left me here in the cold with barely even little hope to cling on to. How could you break my heart when you said that you will always protect me... Once my protector turned out to be my ultimate destruction. 

You did not give us another chance, when I on the other hand unceasingly gave us a chance time and time again. Yes, it seems like I am the fool for loving you so deeply - but I never imagined to be so heartbroken like this. I do not know how to pick my broken self. 

You could have just told me that it was me, that I was at fault - that way I could have done something to have saved our relationship. But you threw it away like it never existed in the first place. Was our relationship no longer worthy to be saved? 

What happened to your promise that you will never love another woman the way you love me? Was it all a lie? 

How could I let you go, when I could hear your voice in every inch of this place. When  I can see your smile each time I close my eyes. When I can feel you on this empty bed next to mine. When all I can remember is your laugh and the way you look at me. How can I let you go, would you then tell me? Please tell me...

Sophie