Chapter 9

"Hi Ms. Sophie, this is the assistant of Mr. Cross, Danny." the girl on the other line said.

"Oh, yeah... Yes, what can I do for you?" I asked, as I slowly walked the street on my way to the studio.

"I just wanted to confirm the photo-shoot schedule, for his book." 

"I already sent the dates to your office yesterday afternoon. Maybe you could check if a Ms. Betty received it on your behalf."

"Ahh.. Wait Ms. Sophie I am walking towards her now." she said, I could hear her heels as she walks and the chit chattering of people inside their office, then I heard a door open and flipping of papers. "Here it is Ms. Sophie, August 14th, 2016 at 1pm. Mr. Cross will just go directly there to your studio. One More thing Ms. Sophie, Mr. Cross has another interview for a magazine, we would like to book you again as the photographer - but, it's going to be an outdoor shoot."

"Is that so, when is this? Could you send me the proposal so I can actually fix my schedule?"

"I'll fax to you the dates of the shoot Ms. Sophie. Thank you very much"

"Thanks Danny."

I have been busy these couple of days that at times I seldom think of Nathan. That is a good sign right? But I always has this inkling of telling him what is happening to my life - after all he has been a big part of it for the longest time. But I have been feeling good lately, I feel different, and some people say I do look different. 

I received the fax Danny was saying, it was dated a week after Nate and I will be meeting for his book photo shoot. I am very thankful for the work as it keeps me busy, keeps my mind off of things.

Before I knew it August 14th came like a breeze, I was waiting for Nate and his crew to arrive for the shoot. They finally arrived, he has this widest smile on his face that seemed to bring light into the room. He had this charm in his that would make you realize why he is so famous as a writer to his fans - he does a pretty good hi and hello to people who actually meet him. It's like he's so famous to the point he can actually win an election if ever he would run for a position.

"Look who it is, my favorite photographer" he exclaimed "not only talented but beautiful" he added. I felt a sudden gush of blood into my face - oh my I think I blushed.

"Hi Mr. Cross, you can go to the dressing room now so they can fix your make-up" I said dodging his sight because I was afraid he will actually see me blushing. Why in the world was I blushing - it's not as if it is my first time to hear such compliments. But, it has been a long time since I heard it from a different man. 

"Please just call me Nate." he said as he walked towards the dressing room.I went to the bathroom to wash my face - it was indeed blushed. I need to calm myself down! This man knows his ways with women, I need to be immune to it. 

We started the photo shoot. I looked at my viewfinder to start taking photos of him. He looks more of a model than than of a writer - not that I am stereotyping writers and all, but he does look like the models I shoot for magazines. He looked so dashing, this man must have broken a million of hearts already.

"So tell me Sophie, how long have you been a photographer?" he asked as I clicked away with my camera.

"5 years." I said, concentrating on taking a good photo of him - which was not at all hard because he looks good in every angle, to be honest. 

"If I actually asked you to have dinner with me would you say yes?" he straight forwardly asked. I was surprised by his question, and instantly stopped taking photos of him. "That would be a NO then. Coffee perhaps?" he asked again. I was glued to where I was standing I really did not know what to say nor how to react. People were looking at us, and clearly some where whispering to each other. What was I supposed to say? I asked myself.

"Is that a NO again? so maybe ice cream?" 

"What?" I said, and tried my very best to hide my blushing face - which I know I must have looked like a strawberry now as I can feel the heat all over my face especially my cheeks and ears. "Maybe we can talk about this some other time, I need to finish my work." I said, and I started to take pictures of him again.

"Tough one" he said under his breath. I could clearly see he was flirting in front of the camera, made poses that were just not supposed to be - like biting his lip, or winking while I took pictures of him. Is it hot in here or is it just me, I could see fog forming at my viewfinder. What's happening to me? FOCUS Sophie, please FOCUS! I told myself and deeply sighed for me to cool down. I was acting as if I wasn't really bothered by what he was doing. 

Think of the many girls he has been with, he probably has a posse of some sort. Get a grip girl! Get a hold of yourself. 

Finally the photo shoot ended, that was one of the longest 3 hours I have ever been in a shoot. Though that would supposedly be a fast one. I hurriedly went to my office so I won't be left along with Nate. I closed my office and I heard someone knock on the door, I did not open it and pretended as if I wasn't inside. How could I be hiding inside my own office - that's a new one. Eventually he went away. 

Then I remembered I still had one photo shoot with him, an outdoor one - the worst part is I couldn't back out anymore because I have already committed to the project. This guy, makes me feel so awkward and a little bit flustered all at the same time. I haven't actually felt like this before - with before I meant even with Nathan. This guy makes me curious and scared all at the same time too, makes me want to discover and yet I really don't want to know anything about him. He is indeed a complete enigma.