Chapter 8 - (Nate)

I arrived at the studio 30 minutes earlier. I saw a girl sitting on a chair, fixing the camera lens. I realized who it was, it was the same girl at the book store. What a twist of fate this must be. I walked towards her and spoke to her. 

She seemed to have been startled by my presence, as our conversation proceeded, she started to stutter - I wasn't sure if that was a good sign or a bad sign. She looked so cute while she was stuttering. So, this is my photographer - such a small world for us then. Who would have thought we'd meet again like this, with this circumstance. 

I asked for her name, she said it was Sophie Newark. I've hear that name before, I know I've heard that name before - then it struck me. Could she be Nathan's Sophie? Then I asked her, she seemed to have been shocked by my question. How could I actually be so dumb to ask it that way. I should have just stated it in a different and less traumatic way - Nathan did break her heart, and I even read about it. 

If only I could retract my statement and not imply that she was still Nathan's Sophie. But she is, she's the Sophie in the letters. Whose letters bled words that darted straight to your heart, who's honesty was too raw you could feel every bit of you quiver. The Sophie that seemed too broken to even be repaired. She's Sophie, I can't believe she's right in front of me. No wonder here eyes spoke a different story, no wonder her frailty seemed similar to what I have read. Yet, she seemed to be different from the last time I saw her, she's a bit stronger now, more nonchalant. I like this Sophie better, than the Sophie I saw before. 

She quickly stopped our conversation, I knew she felt a bit uneasy. She instructed me to have my grooming done at the dressing room, and even showed where it was. I wish I did not say Nathan's name, I wish I did not give the statement that she is Nathan's Sophie. But all I have now are regrets of my previous statements - I will just have to do better next time, and I will make sure there is a next time.