Chapter 2: Meeting Them

The next morning, I sat at Slytherin table. "I may do whatever the heck I want!" I confronted a sixth year Slytherin, that didn't approve of my seating choices.

I saw a boy that looked a little like Sirius sitting by Sev. I also saw a long blond haired older boy talking to them.

I sat down by Severus, feeling eyes on me. "Severus, you know a Gryffindor just sat by you?" Sirius' look-a-like said.

"Yes I am aware," Severus told them. He continued to eat. I took the strawberry from his plate and threw it across the Great Hall, hitting Peter in the face.

"Sorry, Peter!" I called back. He just sent me a thumbs up. "Thanks," he told me.

I knew how much he hated strawberries. "Who are you?" The blond boy asked me.

I paused before responding.

"Olivia Guinevere Winters, at your service, sir." I joked, saluting.

He grinned. "I like her already,"

"Are you a pure-blood?" He just shot that out of nowhere. "Yes," I wasn't lieing. "I'm Regulus Acturus Black," Regulus smiled.

He was related to Sirius, that's why he looks so much like him. "You can call me Reg, or Reggie." He smiled once more.

"You can call me Liv or Lia, or just Olivia." I insisted. I talked some more with them and found out the blondes name was Lucius Malfoy, he was a year older.

I felt like I knew them for years.

*****
"Faster, Moony!" I laughed. I was sitting on top of his shoulders. We were having a race with the others. Sirius was on James back as he was shooting spells at a cat. Peter was running behind. James and Remus tripped causing me and Sirius to fall on the ground.

Everyone was laughing to even care. After we caught our breath, we headed to the Common Room.

Sirius was on a sofa, which we were sharing, James was sitting on the arm of it, ruffling his hair every minute, Peter was eating candy on the floor, and Remus was reading a book. I hate reading, though people say I'm smart?

Sirius was playing with my hair.

"I see you've met my baby brother," Sirius said, disgust in his voice. "Yeah, he's nice." I commented.

He looked at me like I was a unicorn covered in glitter that was eating a dead plant.

"A bit nice?! You know how he really is?!" He yelled in my face. He was now standing.

"I may choose whoever I want to be friends with, just because he's a Slytherin doesn't make him bad!" I yelled back. Remus looked from his book.

"Well maybe he is bad!" He yelled.

"Maybe he isn't!" I shot back.

"Maybe I don't want to care!"

"Maybe I don't have to care either!"

"Maybe I don't want to be friends with someone as snobbish, rude, arragont, and annoying as you!" He yelled in my face.

Those words hurt. Tears were forming at the brim of my eyes. He saw my face and his eyes softened. I ran out, I heard him calling my name as he chased after me.

I found a broom cupboard and shut the door. I still heard Sirius calling my name. I let the tears fall as his words echoed in my head.

I can't believe he would call me all those things. I found myself asleep.

*****
I heard a soft rythm near my ears. I was being carried. And I heard familiar voices.

"Padfoot be careful!" A soft voice said.

"S-She l-looks cold." A tiny voice said. I was held by a warm body, so I curled up tighter.

"She's a cuddler." A voice teased. I was layed on something soft, and I wasn't cold anymore.

"Goodnight, Lia!" Soft voices said. It was James, Remus, Sirius, and Peter. I didn't care, I was tired, and immediately fell asleep.

*****
I was at breakfast with Lucius. "How about, Lucy?" I asked him.

"I don't like it but I don't hate it." He simply said. I was trying to figure out a nickname for him. "Ooh, it's Cissy!" I squealed. He sent me a look and I shut up.

"You still haven't got up the courage to talk to her?" Reggie sat down with Severus.

"True Slytherins can be brave when they want, maybe I don't want to be brave." He shrugged.

"Gryffindors don't even know when they're being brave sometimes, either." I added.

"By, guys!" I did a wave and walked to class.

*****
Professer Binns was calling out people to pair them with others.

"Lupin with...."

I crossed my fingers that I got Remus, he's the only one that actually pays attention.

"Evans,"

Me and James both groaned in defeat.

"Winters with Black,"

I continued to bang my head on the table.

"Potter with Pettigrew,"

"Wulfric with Prewitt,"

He called a few others and we got to work.

Sirius began putting random stuff in the cauldron. "No! Not the lacewing flies, it's the dead spiders!" I took the spiders and put them in the potion.

Ours would have been perfect if Sirius didn't add the catapillars. It also exploded in his face.

I started laughing since his whole face was covered in cinder and soot.

It was a free period, so we decided to go to the grounds. I saw that Remus had some chocolate.

I took the bar and took a piece. "Thanks, Remus." He didn't even say anything since he was to focused on his book.

Remus had a scratch on his face that he didn't have yesterday. "Remus, where did you get that?"

"Oh, um, this? Well, yesterday I had to go to the lake and I got it from a tree." He gave me a tight smile.

"Ok,"

Remus is strange and weird sometimes, in a good way.