Chapter 11: Hospital Stays and Invites

I woke up, not opening my eyes. My head was pounding. I slowly opened them and instantly closed them when the sun appeared.

Where am I?

My leg felt stuck in place, like it was wrapped. I opened my eyes. And apparently, it was.

I examined the room. I was in the Hospital Wing. Outside the doors, I heard yelling from familiar voices.

"We're her friends why can't we see her?!" A voice yelled.

"I will not let you disturb my patient, Mr. Black! Stress is no good to her!" Madam Pomfrey.

"Please, can we just see her?" A soft voice asked. I heard her sigh as she opened the doors. In came, Sirius, Remus, James and the girls.

Alice looked like she had been crying, so had James. Sirius had bags forming under his eyes. Lily and Rose were comforting Alice. Remus had a look of worry on his face.

Lily came to me and gave me a side hug. Sirius started pacing at the end of the bed. "You scared me half to death," Alice said, tears forming in her eyes.

"We thought you were dead!" James rubbed his eyes.

"You've been out for five days and haven't moved at all, you know how scared we were?" Sirius said in a shaky voice.

Five days?

"I've been out for five days?" I asked, eyes widening. Roslin nodded quietly.

"Don't ever do that to us again!" Alice said. Madam Pomfrey came with a potion, which she made me drink.

I started coughing and spitting as the thick goop trailed down my throat. "That was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted....I want cake." I did the last words with a stern face.

Sirius chuckled, his eyes watery.

James started laughing quietly, joined by Remus, causing all of us to start laughing.

"Alright, alright, let Miss Winters change and then she may leave. Along with the lot of you." Madam Pomfrey said.

Lily pulled the curtains over my bed and handed me my clothes. Which was very difficult because of my leg. I wonder how I broke it.

But right when I stood up, the wrappings disappeared.

"I'm hungry," I said as I opened the curtain. "When are you never?" They all chorused.

*****
At lunch, I decided to sit with Sev and the others.

"Crisps,"

"Chips,"

Me and Severus were fighting over what to call the CHIPS.

"Crisps!"

"Chips."

"Crisps."

"Chips!"

"Cr-"

"Just call them potatoes and get it over with!" Regulus shouted. Me, Sev, and Lucius all shared a look.

"No," We all chorused.

We all found it very entertaining when Reggie got annoyed, especially by us.

"I hate you," He mumbled.

"No, you love us." Severus said while he was eating.

"Oh, shut up," Reg muttered behind a grin. "You're grinning," I poked his cheek.

"I'm leaving." He rolled his eyes, and left me giggling quietly.

But I also got up since I had a class. I was joined by Sirius. "Hello, Gorgeous." He smirked.

"Since when do you call me gorgeous?"

"Maybe because it seems to fit you perfectly," He winked. I rolled my eyes.

"Something is wrong with you." I shoved him, causing him to chuckle.

*****
Christmas break starts in two weeks, and I have no intention to go to the orphanage. So I'm staying here at Hogwarts.

I know James is going home, so are Peter and Remus, but I don't know about Sirius. I don't think he'll want to spend time with his 'family'.

By the way he details them, they're horrible. Maybe he'll be staying with James. And I know Lily is going home as well as all the girls. So I'll be alone all Christmas.

"Lily, you are not staying here with me, you are going to spend Christmas with mom." I told Lily.

"But I asked mum if you could stay over on Christmas, you can stay with us!" She smiled.

"Really?"

She nodded.

"She's going to make my favorite cookies right? I love her cookies." I stared into space, making her laugh.

"Of course, Sev is also coming to visit," She smiled even more.

"Great!"

"Your adorable when your happy, you know that?"

*****
"Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la!" I sang. I was annoying James out of his mind.

"Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, Oh how I love you Christmas tree!" I sang as loud as I could.

"Go sing to the Christmas tree in the Great Hall, not me!" He covered his ears.

"No thank you," I smirked.

"Lia!" A voice said behind me. "Hey, Andy. You going home for Christmas too?"

"Yes! I love Christmas!" He jumped in happiness, making me giggle.

"Well, I'll go with my friends now, by!" He smiled and skipped off. He's so adorable for an eleven year old.

*****
Five days until everyone is going home for Christmas. Lily, for some strange reason, had already packed.

"Hey, Katie!" Lily waved her hand around. I looked and saw New Girl smiling. She came down and sat by Lily. Sirius sent me a pointed look.

"Hi, I'm Katie," She smiled, holding out her hand.

"Good for you, you know your name," I smiled grimly. Sirius snorted as James held in his laugh.

Her smile faltered a bit.

"Well, Lily, I'll leave you to talk to new girl. I'll see you later." I had already forgotten her name.

"It's Katie...." She trailed off as I walked away.

Why couldn't she just take in that I didn't like her, and she doesn't have to care?

I suddenly bumped heads with someone.

"Really, Sev?!"

He laughed as I rubbed my head. "You're lucky your my friend or you would have a sore shoulder,"

"Sorry, Liv. Are you heading outside?" He held up my textbooks for me.

"Yeah, our spot with Reg?"

He nodded and we headed outside.