Chapter 22: Playing With The Werewolf

Two weeks passed since we arrived back at Hogwarts. The full moon was near, and Remus wasn't as worried as he usually is.

On the day of the full moon, Remus was acting very snappy and moody. But he always acts this way on a full moon.

We always went to the Shrieking Shack to protect students. It was a planned thing now.

Today, me, Sev, and Reggie were left watching Lucius and Narcissa cuddle. It was an adorable sight, but it was also very annoying.

We decided to sneak to our spot outside. Since December was over, the cold was slowly, very slowly, thinning.

"I hate my surname." I said out of the blue.

"Why? I think Winters is a lovely name." Regulus grinned. "No. I hate winter. It's my least favorite season. I wish fall was back." I told him.

"Wouldn't it be funny if your name was Olivia Autumn, or Olivia Fall? Is that any better?" Sev chuckled.

"Never mind."

*****
I didn't think my friend would have such a terrible condition. He was just about to turn five. And he was bitten by a werewolf.

Think about the childhood he had. Once a month he had to go through such a painful transformation.

And his scars. He hates his scars. Mostly because they remind him of it. Just thinking about it.

Me, Sirius, James and Peter were waiting outside until we heard a howl from a distance.

We had to bring spare clothes for Remus. It's the one thing he actually forgets.

We finally heard the howl. My adrenaline kicked in and we transformed into our Animagi forms.

We all found ourselves running toward the Whomping Willow. I wonder if a student sees us and wonders what a coyote, dog, stag, and rat are doing running together.

The tree saw us and stopped swaying it's branches. Since we aren't human right now, it let us through the passage way.

We ran in and went up until we found a very big rook with a whimpering werewolf.

He sharply turned to us with a growl. He sauntered toward me and sniffed me.

Once he realized I was part of his pack, he trusted the others. He nuzzled my neck and started to play with us.

Tonight he was acting calm. Very calm at that.

Sirius playfully jumped over Remus as James prodded with his antlers.

Peter was scurring around Remus' hind legs, squeaking happily. He jumped on top of me and accidentally scratched my arm.

The blood flowed down, matting my fur in the process. He jumped off of me and growled, as though saying: no more playing. Time to rest.

He scurried over to a corner, us following. He layed down with a grunt.

We slowly layed next to him. My arms started to ache, but none of the others seemed to see.

Time passed, and the sun started to rise again. Before he could transform back, we covered him with James' robes.

Once he was finally awake, we gave him the clothes and he changed. "Did I hurt any of you?"

"No." I lied. "You were very calm tonight." He was.

"You all should go get some breakfast, I'll be there soon." He nodded towards the door.

I nodded and we walked out of the passage way.

The boys went to get cleaned up, while I went to the Great Hall for breakfast. Drip, drip, drip. That's all I could hear while I walked.

The blood was started to completely soak my arm. It stung now, but the pain was even worse.

I swiftly sat by Lily and grabbed some toast. "Where we're you? I was worried sick!" She looked angry bit worried.

"Nothing. I just fell asleep in the Room of Requirement." I shrugged. But lieing to Lily wasn't very easy.

"And what were you doing in there?"

She never gives up does she?

"I was looking for spare quills. It's always aquipped with the seekers needs, is it not?" I said. I tried to hide my smirk.

She was about to say something, but was cut off by the Marauders rushing over.

I sighed deeply and walked off.

I gasped at the pain in my arm as a strong hand took it. I looked up to see Sirius' gray eyes. He slowly took his hand away. He stared at it for a long time. It was soaked in blood. My blood.

"What happened?" James started tapping his fingers on the wall. He did that when he was nervous.

"Nothing. It's fine." Before they could say anything else I ran for it. I heard them calling my name but I didn't stop.

Drip, drip, drip, drip. My white shirt was covered in blood. It was all I could hear.

"Sirius, your the fastest! Go!" Remus' voice said. It was edged with worry. I heard Sirius sprint toward me, Remus behind him.

Drip, drip.

I came to a halt as Sirius grabbed my waist. He put me down and Remus came to me.

"Lia, can I see your arm." He said in the softest voice I have ever heard.
I couldn't fight over Remus. Not when he was that worried.

I rolled up my sleeve, but it could only go so high. Sirius started pacing. He always does that when he's afraid.

My sleeve only went to my elbow. "The shirts in the way, we have to take it off!" Sirius rubbed his eyes. He started pacing faster.

Remus looked at me. I nodded. It's only the boys, though I actually wish Lily was here.

He hurriedly unbuttoned my shirt, but at the same time being careful. Peter came, he squeaked as he saw me with only a bra. He covered his eyes and muttered apoligies.

Sirius looked at me, and he looked like he was going to be sick. It's because I was basically covered in blood.

Remus blocked me from view.

"What happened?" He asked softly. "Nothing. It's fine."

"Fine? That cut is almost as long as your arm and about an inch deep!" Sirius pointed.

"Who did this?" He asked.

"You know she can't answer that, Padfoot." Being called by his nickname seemed to calm him.

Remus started muttering spells, and the cut magically sewed itself together, leaving a pale scar.

"Thanks." I smiled.

______________________

Yep, yep, yep, YEP. Sorry, I ate something earlier. I'LL STEAL YOU, JOHANNA! DO NOT THINK THESE (I THINK) WALLS CAN HIDE YOU? WHEN I'M RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW-
SWEENEY TODD, YA'LL. comment it you've seen it. HE GOIN' SLIT SOME THROATS! I need to stop....