Chapter 9: A Hole In the Floor

I watched, laughing, as Sirius and Peter grabbed my hand. I jumped onto Sirius shoulders, while James was running along side Remus, who was shaking his head at us.

James had somewhat dressed like a knight, out of paper... At the end of the corridor, the same cat from last time meowed. Sirius made a funny death glare at the cat, which it gladly returned. If you call it a glare.

"CHARRRRGE!" James war called. Everyone of us shooted spells and James threw multiple Cauldron Cakes  at it.

We got stopped mid-jump by McGonagall. Peter fell face first from the jump while James hung onto Remus, preventing his fall.

I stayed on Sirius' shoulder as his yells trailed down like last time. She gave us stern look.

"Uh...James did it!"

"Peter did it!"

"Sirius did it!" ("Probably,")

"Remus did it!" ("How did I get into this?!")

"Lia did it!"

"Lily did it!" ("Wait, how?")

"PEEVES DID IT!" We all yelled at the same time. Peeves floated around us a and cackled a maniacally weird laugh.

*****
"Professer, we weren't going to kill that cat!" I defended, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Then explain why you were pointing your wands and yelling charge!"

"I found it very countereproductive, I told them not to do it, but no one ever listens to Remus!" Remus explained.

We all looked at him like he was a duck with a suit on Christmas.

"Detention, for all of you!" She ushered us out of the class and walked out.

"Great, this is my first ever detention." I groaned. James sent me a horrified look. "You've NEVER been to detention?!"

Sirius hugged James dramatically and pretended to cry into his shoulder. "Really you've never?" Sirius' face looked serious (no pun intended) now.

I shook my head.

*****
At Transfiguration, I was assigned to sit by Sirius. Didn't anybody have a surname that started with C.

I got bored of what McGonagall was saying, I got the best grades in this class anyway, and started playing with the rubber band I had.

I began stretching it, but it slinged from my fingers and flew.

"Ow!" Sirius yelped beside me. He was holding his eye, glaring at me with the other. "That hurt!"

"It was an accident!" I defended.

He let out an animalistic growl. I raised my eyebrows at him. He was still glaring.

"Be more careful next time." He growled under his breath. He never growled, he just got mad easily. A bit like me.

After Transfiguration, we went to Charms. Which was pretty easy for me. I saw the incantation on the board, wingardium leviosa.

I turned to Sirius, who was trying to levitate his feather. "Wingardium Leviosa!" I chanted.

He started levitating up in the air, a few students snickering. "Very good, Miss Winters, not what I was expecting, but I'll take it. Ten points to Gryffindor!" Professer Flitwick smiled.

I put Sirius down in his sit as he glared at me again. He went back to talking with James.

That night at dinner, Lily and Alice were sitting across from me, with Sirius and Remus on the other side of me.

Sirius took my fork and cut a piece of my chocolate cake and ate it. I pouted at him. He held some out so I could eat it, and I hesitantly took it.

Lily left her spot after James asked her out again. Sirius told me he's been trying for four years.

"What am I doing wrong?" James muttered to himself.

"Everything," Me and Sirius chorused.
"Not helping," James sent us a glare. "Here, eat some cake." I stuffed some cake into his mouth, which he surprisingly didn't choke on.

"Hey, Liv!" A tiny voice said. I turned and saw a little first year. "Andy!" I embraced him in a hug, causing him to giggle into my shoulder.

"Who's this little cutie?" Alice grinned. "This is Andy,"

"He's adorable," Marlene chuckled. Andy turned red and grinned as well.

*****
I was sleeping, sleeping very well until it was interupted by a shriek. I opened my eyes, but nothing was their.

I heard it again, coming from the room next door. Then there was a scream. I jumped off my bed and grabbed my Beaters bat.

I crept to the door to the next dorm room. I slammed the door open to be met by fourth year girls backed into a corner.

"It's a spider!" One whimpered. My mouth flew open as I glared at them. "It's got awoken from my sleep by a spider? A spider?!"

"I came in here to crush someone's skull not kill a stupid spider!" I groaned and went over to the thing. I smashed it with by bat. The boys were in the room now.

I turned and headed toward the door. "How did you all get in here? The stairs disappear when a boy steps on them?"

"We have our ways," Sirius winked. Remus and the others were looking at me wide eyed.

"You made a dent in their floor!" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"They interupted my sleep with a spider, goodnight." I went past them and headed to our dorm.

Though I had trouble falling back asleep. And, we even had our first Qudditch game tomorrow. Great, I've already created a hole in a floor, what else.