Chapter 19: Sweetest Things

On the morning of Christmas Day, me and the boys were trying to make brownies, for some reason.

"Your supposed to crack the egg before you put in the bowl, stupid."

"Not that much sugar."

"But I like them sugary!"

"I think I got batter on the ceiling."

"Merlin, help me."

"That's not the oven.. That's the micrOWAVE!"

"Is this how you turn it on?... Nope."

"Oops,"

"Is that.. IT'S ON FIRE!"

James jumped up with a shierk, and grabbed a hose that was attached to the sink. He had his eyes closed and was spraying water everywhere.

"Never let me bake again," Sirius muttered with a sigh. He plopped down next to Peter.

I started laughing quietly, Remus started laughing along with me, his head covered in flour.

The others joined as well, talking about what had happened.

*****
"Rudolph the red nosed reindeer! Had a very shiny nose, and if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows!" I sang while skipping.

James was laughing at me.

"Is this always how you are at Christmas?"

I stopped skipping and paused. I ran over to him, and got close to his face.

"YES,"

I skipped away, leaving Remus chuckling at James' expression. "We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!"

I bumped into Sirius, landing with a thump. "Really!? You ruined my singing," I whined, crossing my arms.

I was currently sitting on the floor. He took my arm and pulled me up. "Still singing, Gorgeous?" He laughed.

"Yes, I love Christmas. Even though when I was younger, before I went to Hogwarts, I never got a present." I shrugged.

His expression turned upset and shocked at the same time. "Really?"

"Really. All because I was magical. That is until I met Lily and Sev when I was ten, I actually felt like I had family." I smiled.

There was an awkward silence.

I found the ground interesting.

"I know how you feel, Lia, I haven't gotten a single present from my family in years. Not that it bothers me," He let out some kind of bitter chuckle.

I looked up and met his eyes. His beautiful gray eyes that reminded me of rain in a meadow. Somewhat...

I didn't even notice we stayed like that for a while.

I cleared my throat and looked to the right. He made a weird noise and walked away. He looked over his shoulder and winked at me.

He apparently tried to swagger while he walked, but he tripped over a leg of a chair.

I snorted a laugh.

"I meant to do that," He said. Getting up and straightening his clothes, he walked away again.

Remus came up beside me.
"He has never, and I mean never, done that before. Ever."

*****
"Presents!" Mrs. Potter called.

I flung my door open and fell down the stairs. I didn't notice Sirius and James walking down as well. I hit there legs and they toppled on top of me.

"What I miss?" I asked. I blew my hair out of my face and stood up. James glared after me.

We sat down on the second couch. "Me first, me first!" James jumped over the couch and plopped down next to Sirius.

I giggled and took the wrapped package. I opened it and found a stuffed stag that smelled like James' cologne. Around its neck was a chain with antlers on it.

"It's Prongs," I grinned. He grinned as well as Remus handed me his. Inside was a wolf that smelled of chocolate. It had a wolf charm on it.

"Moony,"

Next was Sirius. Their was a fluffy black dog that smelled of Sirius. Rain, pine, and mint.

"Padfoot," I giggled. It had a paw print chain.

Peter handed me a smaller box. Inside was an adorable stuffed rat with a charm of a teeny rat.

"Wormtail,"

"I..... I think this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." I breathed with a smile. Their faced broke out in grins.

"Thank you."

We all somehow got into a group hug. "Okay, my turn." I handed James a box. He unwrapped it to find a stuffed golden Snitch.

"Thanks, Lia." He hugged me and started trying to make it fly.

I next handed Remus a very heavy box. When he opened it, he chuckled.
"Books?"

"Yes, you love reading, and I also got you your very own copy of the 'Unwanteds'."

He thanked me and I handed Peter a bag. "My favorite candies!" His face lit up like a six year old.

Sirius was surprisingly not too impatient. I handed him a wrapped parcel. He opened it.

He looked at me and back at the mirror he unwrapped.

"Lia, I already know how gorgeous I look," He smirked.

"No, stupid! Look." I took out my own replica of the mirror. "Look into it."

He furrowed his eyebrows, but did so.
I looked into mine and saw his awed face staring at me.

"Wait, if you are over there..." He trailed off.

I giggled. "Well, it's a two-way mirror, another way of communicating with each other if we're ever apart and we can see each other."

He smiled at me.

"Thanks, Gorgeous."

*****
"Oh, go!" Mia pushed me into the fireplace. I grabbed my trunk and pulled it with me.

"Go on." She held out a pot of green powder. I grabbed some in my hand. "Bye, guys!" I waved to the boys.

"Bye, Lia!"

I cleared my throat. "Lily's house!" I dropped the powder. I swirled around in the magical loop.

I landed with a thump at a very familiar fireplace. I was already covered in cinder and soot.

Lily came out of nowhere and tackled me into a hug. "Oh Godric, your covered in soot, straight to the shower." She said in a motherly tone.

I chuckled. "I have to say hi to mom first."

Mrs. Evans came in, her long red hair was graying, I noticed a few wrinkles around the corners of her mouth from all that smiling she did.

"Olivia, you've grown since I last saw you. Your so beautiful." She held my face and hugged me.

"It has been three years since I visited," I giggled. "Oh! I've got a batch of cookies right in the oven just for you." She smiled.

"Alright. Let her get settled, Mum. It looks as though she needs to clean up a bit," Lily nudged me.

I remember where my room my room was. Right next to Lily's. I plopped my trunk onto the freshly made bed. I pulled out some leggings and a hoodie I got from Marlene.

I started the shower and hung up my clothes on the hanger. I let the warm water fall over my skin and wash away the dirt.

I felt much better afterwards. I guess I do get some sweet things sometimes.

___________________
       ^^
Okay, as you see I am starting a different way to do the after words. It will be like that. (The arrows)
Next chapter will have Petunia and probably Sev.

Bye!