Chapter 7: Halloween and Qudditch

It was Halloween! Not my favorite holiday, but still. We all got pumpkins to carve. We're fifteen...

We were sitting on the floor in the Common Room. A few younger kids were carving as well. I looked over at a laughing Sirius.

He was making the ugliest faces on his pumpkins. "This one is dear cousin Bellatrix, this is dear Mummy..." He was naming them after his family members making me laugh.

James had already made many, all with glasses, they were his army now.

Remus was being extremely careful carving his, he even had a book!

Peter had already given up on carving his, he was just making sweets with the pumpkin flesh.

Sirius and James were trying to make a pumpkin follow Severus around, and chant Snivellus, which made me glare. And they stopped.

I even fell to a victim.

Sirius was walking, more like strutting, behind me with a pumpkin in front of his face. "C'mon Lia, give old Jack-O a kiss?" He kept asking.

It became funny after a while though.

Me and Remus volunteered to clean up the mess, but Peter had made pumpkin pie, which made us all decide cleaning can wait.

We sat in the Common Room floor eating pie with hot chocolate. "Don't throw that at me!" I laughed. Sirius was grinning as he threw a marshmallow at me.

We ended up having a mini marshmallow fight, which made a bigger mess.

Me and a few others, not the ones that James tries to convince, cleaned up. I had an intense Carving Contest with Roslin and Dorcas. Marlene and Alice were also having one.

We all ended up falling alseep on the floor, surrounded by blankets.

*****
"Saturday! The best day of the week!" I squealed. I've been doing that alot...
Remus chuckled.

James and Sirius were running toward us. Probably running from Filch. "Lia, Lia, Lia!" Sirius yelled, but he was laughing as well. He got to me and apparently couldn't stop running, which made him push onto me.

"Ow," I muttered. He smiled weakly and helped me up. He turned to James. "Tell her Prongs!"

"We-"

"We want you to try out for the Qudditch team!" Sirius blurted. He was still out of breath.

"Did you say Qudditch?!" I repeated.

"Yeah, you can be Beater with Sirius," James suggested. Sirius' eyes widened even more. He was extremely happy about this.

"No."

They groaned together and crossed there arms.

*****
"Please?"

"Please? Please?"

They continued asking me all day, they even went to class with me, they didn't even go to Herboligy the same time as me...

"Plea-"

"ALRIGHT, alright!" I finally yelled. They high fived eachother and pulled me to wherever.

"You never tell me where we're going!" I yelled, running as well. And they ran all the way to the Qudditch field. Sirius was being adorable and grinning like mad.

He threw me my Qudditch robes. After I changed, feeling strangely comfortable, I followed him. I never liked Qudditch, but I knew they weren't going to stop asking me.

*****
The next day, after tryouts, Wood told us who was one the team. What I don't understand about tryouts is why team members have to try out again.

"Winters, your going to be partnered with Black since both of you are Beaters," He told us. I swear if this dude ever has a kid, it's going to be just like him! (OLIVER! sorry, I'll go now)

We went back to the locker room and when we entered Sirius yelled out happily.

"She made it! I told you, Prongs!" He is so cute when he's happy. Wait what?

I was borrowing one of the schools brooms and bat. Wood allowed me, which I'm surprised, to have one day of the week at practice to hit the Quaffle wherever.

I call it, well, Sirius calls it 'Deathday By Winters'. Which I immediately liked.

Later on in the day, I was walking with Severus. James and Sirius were walking towards us with New Girl. Severus told me a goodbye and left, not trying to start anything.

"Guess what, Liv! Katie's the newest Keeper!" James smiled.

I wasn't smiling or anything. I just had a face. "So what happened to the third year that WAS Keeper?"

"Well, he wasn't very good-" New Girl started.

"Did I ask you?" I snapped. She shut up and I turned to Sirius, who was frowning slightly.

"And, tomorrow is Deathday By Winters, so be prepared." I commented.

"So, you take my bed, take a Keepers spot, what's next? You take Lily? James? Remus?" With that I passed her and made sure I hit her.

"Did I say something?" I heard her ask.

"No, she's just tired, I know her." Sirius spoke. He did know me. I was tired.

I was currently staying in the Common Room until I decide to go to my bed. Sirius always came down here for some reason.

I waited, but he didn't come. Instead, he came in laughing with New Girl. Sirius gave me a smile and went upstairs. He's never given me just a smile.

He's given me a smile and a wink, a smile and tickles, a smile and chocalate, but never just a smile.

I just sat there and watched the fire. I liked it. It reminds me of Sirius, I don't know why, it just does.

My eyes grew heavy and they closed.

*****
I was with Reggie and Lucius at breakfast. Regulus was telling us a story of a cat, yes, a cat. I was laughing so hard, Lucius had to make sure I didn't fall.

After a few minutes, I went to Gryffindor table and sat by Sirius. "Hello, Lia." He said in an amused voice. I chuckled and looked across the table. Where Lily was. I haven't talked to her.

Severus has been talking to her. And James is still asking her on that date. He's never going to give up. That's what I like about James.

*****
It was Deathday By Winters. New Girl had come out with Marlene. I was already in the air, in the center. I was hitting Quaffle's for practice.

After a few minutes, everyone came up. And before they could blink, I started hitting the balls in every direction.

But at the end, only a few got hurt and sent to the Hospital Wing. Sirius was shaking his head and laughing quietly.

"What is wrong with you?"

He tried to hold back his laughter but failed and ended up making a blowing noise. His laughing made me laugh.

"You hurt everyone exept for me," he said. "No, I just couldn't get to you in time." I assured him.

He narrowed his eyes and smirked.

Oh Merlin's shaggy beard.

That was funny. Merlin's shaggy beard, again, if you don't understand who Olivia is, go read Two Times a Charm and Two Times a Heart. Buh by!