Chapter 9

It was the last day of school. Exams came in fast as the year came to an end. It was lunchtime. Lay, Sehun and Kris were playing basketball. Xiumin and Luhan sat on a bench. A girl who was around Xiumin's age approached him.
"Um-Xiumin, do you want to work with me on my science project?" she asked.
Being popular at the school, Xiumin was used to this. Luhan started whistling and trying to be interested at something else.
"Uh, sorry," said Xiumin, "I'm a little to busy."
This was obviously not the answer the girl wanted as she walked away in what was distinctively anger. Xiumin sighed. "If I could be less popular at this school, it would be great," said Xiumin.
***
After waiting for some time. The results were in. Each of the ten had graduated from school. The bell rang.
"I'm gonna miss this place," Baekhyun said.
"Yeah, same," D.O agreed.
The ten walked to the school gates. But they were stopped by a gang of students.
"Hey, you," said the toughest one, possibly the leader of the gang. "My friend here said you did karate or whatever it is on him," he said, looking at Tao. "And," he said pointing to Lay. "You knocked him out!"
"Didn't graduate, huh?" snapped Kris.
"Who are you to say that?" growled the leader. "Why with your little friend here," he nodded to D.O"I hardly think you could beat a fly."
"We have to settle this somehow," said Xiumin.
"We'll settle it with a football match," said the leader. "Meet you on the oval 6 pm," said the leader. "I win, you dealing with us. You win, we won't bother you anymore. You don't come on time, you forfeit."
"Agreed," said Suho.
They shook hands. The gang walked away.
"We've got this," said Lay.
***
"Guys," Tao said. "I think I need to go alone."
"Yeah, that's okay," Suho said. "Just be back in time for the match."
"No, I mean like go, permanently," said Tao. "I don't know why. I feel like I might hurt you guys."
"Oh," said Kai.
"Yeah, sorry," Tao said.
He walked out of the door.
***
6 pm.
The had arrived. The twelve had been training a lot. Xiumin had signed them up onto a one-day football training class. The nine walked onto the oval in their football uniform. They saw the gang ready to play. A referee came.
"I'm here to referee this unofficial match and blah blah blah," said the referee.
He blew his whistle and the game began. Baekhyun had the ball, he passed it to Sehun who went charging at the line. He was tackled by a person on the opposing team. The referee blew his whistle. The twelve started again. This time Suho had the ball. He passed it to Chanyeol. Chanyeol ran with his long legs. But he was tackled. The referee blew his whistle. They were around 3/4 of the way to the try line. This time Sehun had the ball. He ran really fast. He speeded to the try line he scored a try.
"He's fast," said one of the members on the opposing team.
The opposing team had the ball. The memeber with the ball passed it to a teammate who passed it to the leader. The leader charged at the try line. Xiumin tackled him to the ground. The referee blew his whistle. The opposing team was a few metres away from where they had started. Another memeber of the opposing team had the ball. He passed it to a teammate who got tackled by Chen. The referee blew his whistle.
"We can do this," said Lay.
The leader had the ball. He passed to a teammate who passed it to a teammate who passed it to... Xiumin? Xiumin had intercepted the ball and grabbed it. He was now running towards the try line. The leader was hot on his tail. Xiumin passed it to Chen who passed it to Kai. Kai sprinted the last few metres and scored a try. The opposing team had the ball. The member with the ball passed it to a teammate who got tackled by Sehun. The referee blew his whistle. The opposing team had only ran a few metres. This time the leader had the ball. He passed it to a teammate who got tackled by Suho. The referee blew his whistle. The person on the opposing team with the ball was fast. He dodged Lay and D.O, he ran and got tackled by Chen. The referee blew his whistle twice. Half time.
"How we all doing?" Suho asked, grabbing a drink.
"Good," panted D.O.
"We can beat them," said Chanyeol.
The referee blew his whistle.
"Okay, let's do this!" yelled Baekhyun.
The referee blew his whistle. The game started. D.O had the ball. He passed it to Chanyeol who passed it to Kai. Kai got tackled by the opposing team. The referee blew his whistle. Sehun had the ball. He passed it to Tao who passed it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun was about to pass it to Chanyeol when it was caught in midair by the opposing team. The person with the ball dodged D.O and Sehun. He narrowly missed Suho and Kai. He passsed it to the leader who passed it to a teammate. The teammate ran with the ball and scored a try. The referee blew his whistle three times. The match had ended.
"THIS SIDE WINS!" The referee yelled, pointing to the nine.
"We won't bother you guys again," said the leader regrettingly.
The nine headed home. It was great.