Chapter 13

The night was dark. The eight were at home. Lay felt a piercing force whisper in his ear. Lay got up and walked to the others.
"Guys," said Lay. "I know where Baekhyun is."
***
Chanyeol drove around the city. Cold air chilled the bones of the eight as they entered an aircraft hanger. The eight hopped out of the car.
"This is where you said he'd be, right?" asked Kai.
"Yeah, I'm sure," Lay. "The red force told me."
"The red force, okay," mumbled Xiumin. "WAIT, THE RED FORCE?!?" Xiumin yelled, whacking Chanyeol in the face accidentally.
"Trust me, I'm sure he's here," Lay said.
The nine walked around the hanger.
"Doesn't seem to be anyone here," Chen said.
"Great, now we can get going, because this place gives me the heebie-jeebies," Sehun said.
"No, no, no, wait," Suho said. "We need to search thoroughly."
"What's that door?" asked D.O.
"Oh, great!" Sehun said. "Now there's a mysterious door, that will probably lead us to our doom."
In the distance a security camera shined brightly, recording the eight's every action. A blue and red striped snake slithered in and out of sight.
"Snake!" Sehun screamed.
"Where?" Suho said, pointing a flashlight.
"No snake there," Kai said. "Stop making up excuses to get out of this place. Do you want to rescue Baekhyun or not?"
"I do, but-"
"Then we're going to rescue Baekhyun, end of story," Kai said.
Sehun groaned.
"I can tell Baekhyun or someone is here," said Suho, shining a flashlight on a car that had be parked near the room.
They entered the room.
***
Baekhyun looked at his watch. The door opened.
"Baekhyun!" D.O said, excitedly.
"We're happy to see you," Suho said.
"What's with the jewellery," said Xiumin, noticing Baekhyun's face.
A chain connected to a lip ring, and on the other end, a ear pierce.
"Just a bit of... additional things," said Baekhyun smiling unconvisingly and playing around with the chain.
There was a long dining table, with white cutlery and plates and eight chairs. "Sit down," said Baekhyun.
The others followed. Suho stood up, being only eight chairs and nine people.
"So how are you?" asked Chanyeol concerningly.
"Fine, fine really," Baekhyun said. "Took me a while to escape. Really hard without my powers."
"Yeah, I know," said Chen, looking at his hands.
The snake slithered in the shadows.
"Anyway, we better get going," said D.O.
"Why don't we have dinner here?" Baekhyun said. "The tables set and it's already dinner time."
"Yeah, good point," said Chanyeol.
"Where's the food?" asked Kai.
"Oh, I better get some," Baekhyun said. "Wait here."
"Sure," said Lay. "As long as we get food. I'm hungry."
Baekhyun left the room, looking back at his friends. Who he had worked so long with. Inside his mind was a devastating battle between him and the red force. The eight, left in the room waited for Baekhyun. Footsteps became louder and louder. Meanwhile Baekhyun was outside with a whole troop of soldiers in command of the red force.
"They're inside," he told them. "Get 'em."
***
Footsteps echoed outside.
"Wait a minute," Suho pointed out. "That sounds like more then one person."
He was right. The soldiers busted into the room.
"Round them up," said a soldier through a megaphone.
The soldiers swarmed the eight. Kai attacked first. He punched a soldier only to find his fist throbbing in pain. He punched again, then threw the soldier into a wall. The others followed. D.O jumped and kicked a soldier in the chest in midair. Chanyeol tripped a soldier over and stepped on him. Chen punched a soldier but was thrown onto the table. Blood spilt on the white tablecloth. Chen slowly got up, dazed.
"Chen!" Suho said, worried. "Are you al-"
But he didn't finish the sentence. He was thrown into a wall. Suho fell to the ground. Xiumin punched a soldier, threw him, grabbed another soldier and looked him right in the eyes. At this point, the soldier must've though Oh, damn it! as he was thrown more than a meter away. Xiumin was then tackled to the ground. Lay tried to help Xiumin.
"It's too late!" Chanyeol said. "GET TO THE CAR!"
Kai, Chanyeol, Lay, D.O and Sehun ran to the car, the others being either knocked out or captured. The car was already surrounded by soldiers. Baekhyun's car was gone, meaning Baekhyun had left.
"Don't move," called a soldier on top of the car.
The soldiers hopped off the car. The five remained still.
"This will make sure you can't escape quickly," said another soldier.
The soldiers backed away.
"Be my guest," said another soldier.
Chanyeol stepped forwards. The soldiers did nothing. Chanyeol took another step. Still nothing. Chanyeol walked up to the car.
"What's this?" He asked.
Some thick, black, slippery liquid had covered the car. Chanyeol shone Suho's flashlight on it. There were rainbow patches. The liquid dripped down. Chanyeol suddenly realised what it was.
"CHANYEOL, GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Kai yelled, throwing Chanyeol aside then jumping himself.
A soldier ignited the oil on the car. A huge explosion was made. The door of the car came flying at them, aflame. The five got out of the way quickly. Embers flew everywhere. The car frame was barely intact, burning down. Two of the soldiers had not been clear of a burning tire that had flung their way. The were now certainly dead. The five were surrounded by soldiers.
"Take this one seperately," said a soldier, pointing to Kai. "We can make good use of this fighter."
Kai looked back at the others, as he walked away.
***
Kai was handcuffed, trapped in a cage. He sat on the concrete floor. The others were also trapped in cages. Iron bars held him in. The iron barred door opened. Two soldiers walked in.
"Let's see what you can do," said a soldier.
Kai looked up, solemnly. He had no care whatsoever of his freezing body on the cold concrete. One soldier carefully unlocked the handcuffs, the other pointed a rifle at Kai. Kai did nothing. He waited camly on what would happen next.
"Lower the gun," said the soldier who had undone his handcuffs. "Toss it away for now."
The other soldier threw the rifle as far from the cage as possible with regret. "Now, pass him your club," said the soldier.
"My what?!" said the other soldier.
"Your club, NOW!" yelled the soldier.
The other soldier handed Kai the club unwillingly.
"Get up you," spat the soldier.
Kai got up slowly. Then he rapidly swung the club at both soldiers. The both groaned in pain. Kai hit one and threw him into one of the iron bars. The soldier was knocked out. The other soldier tackled Kai to the ground and started punching him. Everything was going fast. Everything was going wrong. Kai beated the soldier up with the club. He shook the soldier then through him to the ground. He had scars all over him. He panted as he walked to the cage door. He was tripped by the soldier he had fought. The soldier got up and so did Kai. The soldier grabbed the club and hit Kai hard on the head. Kai's vision went blurry. He could barely here the soldier as though from a great distance away say into a walkie talkie:
"He tried to escape. We're putting him with the others."
Everything faded. Kai swayed and fell to the ground.
***
Kai woke up. He was in the back of a van with the others. He was handcuffed again and so were the others. Baekhyun was nowhere in sight.
"Hi, Kai," D.O said.
Kai noticed D.O had a huge bruise on his forehead. Xiumin, Lay and Suho were scarred too. Chanyeol had a pretty serious looking burn that Chanyeol disregarded. Chen's black hair had turned red from the blood. Sehun was bleeding on the side of the lip. 
"Hey," Kai replied after he had hesitated.
They heard the car door open and shut.
"Okay, guys," said a soldier. "You're going to the detention centre."
"Prison?" asked Sehun.
"Pretty much," said the soldier.
***
An unknown soldier was driving in the rain. The soldier parked at the aircraft. He had made up his mind. Baekhyun was not going to be under control by anyone. He got out of the car. No one noticed him, being because he was wearing a black visor.
"Sir," said a soldier.
"Get...out...of...my...way," said Baekhyun, looking the soldier straight in the eyes.
There was no need to fight him. The soldier had already fell to the ground in fear. Baekhyun ran to the van as he saw it take off. The engine revved. Baekhyun jumped onto the car with a loud thump. The car was over 50 kilometres now, exiting the hanger. Rain hit Baekhyun like stones. Baekhyun crawled onto the roof of the car, hanging on for dear life on each life-threatening swerve. Baekhyun jumped onto the car door and opened it. The car was on a bridge. Baekhyun threw the solider out of the car with tremendous effort. He hopped in and stopped the car. Baekhyun opened the back doors of the van.
"Baekhyun!" The eight chorrused as Baekhyun took of his helmet, along with his jewellery.
"Ouch," Sehun said, watching Baekhyun.
"Sorry guys," said Baekhyun. "I was under the red force's command and led you into this mess."
"Don't worry," said Suho. "We survived."
The nine smiled as they walked back to the aircraft hanger and hopped in Baekhyun's car.