Chapter 6

It was Christmas. Kai was playing with a pet puppy he had adopted. Xiumin was decorating the christmas tree. Sehun rode a bike with flowers in his hand. He had met a very pretty girl. This was his chance.
Stay calm Sehun thought I can do this.
***
Chanyeol was leaning against a wall, waiting for a girl roughly his age to come. He had a ring he had bought. The girl passed. Chanyeol opened his mouth but nothing came out. He followed the girl. Chanyeol saw the girl walk into a café. The girl met up with a different boy. He was tall, with brown hair. They walked off together. Chanyeol walked away. He leaned against a wall, angry with himself and threw the ring on the soft icy snow.
***
Sehun was peddling, looking for the girl, his blonde hair blowing in the wind. He spotted her. Sehun got off his bike and leaned it against a wall. He walked to the girl.
"You can do this," Sehun said to himself.
His other fist was clenched. Sehun opened his mouth and closed it. Nothing came out. The girl walked away. Sehun watched as she met up with a different boy. The boy was much taller than him with black hair. The boy handed the girl flowers. Sehun dropped them. He had failed. Sehun got on his bike. He rode away.
***
Kai sat on a bench, watching the stars. He was waiting for a girl. Little did he know that that girl was on the bench behind him. They both faced the opposite direction. Kai waited. The girl left. Kai turned just in time to see her leave.
***
Tao had finished working hard. After working so hard, he had enough money to buy the girl he liked a present. A nice ring would do. Or maybe some flowers. What did girls like? While Tao pondered, the girl he like passed by with a boy. Tao waited some more. He did not see the girl pass by. Tao used his powers to go back in time. He saw the girl pass by. Tao was angry with himself. He had let himself down. What was he doing to himself? He could've just bought a present and gone off. What use was pondering on a present to anyone? He was not good enough for the girl anyway. He stood in the cold snow.
***
Kris was painting a picture. He had put a lot of effort into it. A lovely rose carried by a beautiful white dove. He waited till it was dry, then wrapped it and went to find the girl he liked. He searched through the snow, passing Kai and Chanyeol. He spotted her. Kris tapped the girl on the shoulder. He presented the gift. The girl smiled. Kris felt a tingling sensation. Kris was pushed by a boy. The boy threw the painting in the bin.
"I'm warning you," said the boy. "Don't come back again."
Then he left with the girl. Kris fractured shoulders didn't compare the slightest to his broken heart. He hit himself. Kris didn't bother to pick his painting up. He had failed.
***
Luhan had a box with a candle and some other things, wrapped up in brown paper and tied up with string. He carried it. He saw the girl he was in love with. He was feeling good and confident. He strutted to the girl. The girl noticed him. They both smiled and waved. Snow started to fall. Luhan's brown hair shined. He cleaned the snow off the girls hair slowly. A boy much taller than him pushed him over. Luhan was hit by the boy and the boy's friends. Luhan was left on the snowy floor, alone, sad, hurt. The present was battered up and in no good condition. Luhan looked at the sky. Why him?
***
Baekhyun, Chen and D.O were waiting in the house. Each had failed to get the girl they liked. The twelve came into the house and gave eachother presents. All of the twelve had let themselves down. At least they had eachother. Soon they felt happy. Christmas was now over. But not their spirits.