Chapter 14

The nine were enjoying the comfort of home. Suho plopped some lollies into his drink and stirred.
"What is that, anyway?" asked Xiumin.
"Dunno," Suho said. "Tastes good anyway. Bought them from the lolly shop."
Kai snorted.
"That's for kids," Kai said.
"Whatever," Suho said. "It makes me calm, sitting here and drinking this."
"Shame we don't have our powers," said Kai.
"Look!" said Xiumin.
After trying really hard, he had managed to turn some of the water in a glass near him into ice.
"Okay, Shame I don't have my powers," Kai restated.
"Hey guys," said Chanyeol, walking in.
"What's with the pink hair?" asked Kai.
"I like it," Chanyeol said.
"Looks like cotton candy," said D.O walking in.
"How you like your new car, Baekhyun?" asked Suho.
"Nice," said Baekhyun, lazying around on his car.
The other car had belonged to the red force, therefore Baekhyun thought it was safer not to use any longer. His new car was red with no roof. A four wheel drive with shiny paint and comfy seating. Sehun had finally got his drivers license, being the last one to get their drivers license. He had a blue car, like Baekhyun's but more for road, then dirt. Lay walked in.
"Hey guys," said Lay.
"Where are you going?" Chanyeol said, eyeing the suitcase Lay was carrying.
"I'm leaving for now," said Lay. "I'm too dangerous for you."
"Not you too!" Sehun cried out.
"I led you into the trap. The red force told me," said Lay. "Think what will happen we the red force takes over me."
"Well, then goodbye," Xiumin said, sadly.
"Well, I'm just going for now," said Lay. "I'll come back anyway."
"Good," Suho said. "We'll see you when we do."
And with that, Lay left.
***
"Has anyone got their powers yet?" Sehun asked.
"I have," Xiumin said. "It's only minor though."
Sehun tried to bring his powers back, concentrating hard. He was lucky enough to produce a whisp of wind. Sehun smiled to himself. The eight had lunch.
"Xiumin, can I have some more ice please?" asked Kai for the millionth time.
Xiumin got up and concentrated. The whole glass froze. "I only wanted a few ice cubes," Kai said, disappointingly.
"Go get another cub and your own ice cubes," Xiumin pointed out, in a 'it's-obvious' tone.
"Can someone get me more ice cubes and another cup?" asked Kai.
"There's something," Chanyeol said.
He started chewing. Then he continued, "Below your thighs, used for walking, not sure if you've heard of them, they're called legs."
Everyone except Kai laughed. Kai got up and grabbed a cup, filled it with water, and grabbed some ice cubes.
***
Sehun kept practicing outside. One time he went too far, and produced a mini dust storm, covering him. The dust storm faded after a while. Kai couldn't teleport much. He could make the smoke, but barely moved three centermeters.
"I guess it's much easier when you've just recieved your powers," Suho said, pouring himself around 200 millilitres of water into a cup using one finger.
He felt pretty pleased with himself. After a while, dark clouds rolled in. Everyone headed inside as it started raining heavily. It got a little tricky, even a little bit chaotic, training their powers in the same space. Chanyeol had trouble with starting the fire. He produced a small, pitiful flame that burn up the wood. But once Chanyeol stepped back, Sehun would accidentally blow it out with his wind powers. Chen had to zap the lights and electrical appliances all around the house constently, due to a blackout. Chen could only produce a spark, and grew tired of running around the house. He flopped on the couch with Sehun.
"Hi," said Sehun.
"Hi," panted Chen. "I am so tired."
"Watch this," Sehun said. "I've almost got the hang of it."
At that same moment Chanyeol stood back, proudly looking at a growing fire. He was about to close the glass when Sehun completely extinguished the fire.
"SEHUN!!!" Chanyeol yelled.
"I'm in trouble," said Sehun as he ran away from Chanyeol.
***
Chen had been much more successful than Sehun of keeping control of his powers. He had now produced enough electricity to last a whole hour (though he had to constently zap the appliances each hour). The blackout was over. So was the rain. Chanyeol had finally finished lighting the fire.
"378th time lucky," Chanyeol said dusting his hands.
D.O had produced a mini earthquake outside that lasted 5 seconds. Luckily there were no houses in 500 metres range, so no one else were suspicious. Baekhyun had his orb of light back.
"I missed you, orb of light," Baekhyun said, trying to hug the orb of light, but being unsuccessful.
"Let's call it a day," said Suho.
The others agreed. They all had dinner and went to bed. Little did they know, they would go into war the following week.