Chapter 7 - We're Poppin'

Summer's POV

I was humming along to the song I was playing on my iPod. As we hit a bump in the road, my brothers' heads all slammed into the roof of the car. I burst out laughing, and was thankful that for once, being short was fun.

"HAHAHAHA! Suckers! That's what you get for being so tall and rubbing it in!" I shouted. "Shut up, Summer. We're in a car for goodness' sake," Ryan said in exasperation. "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" I teased. This ended with a punch on my arm, but I was laughing too hard to feel the pain.

We were going to an amusement park! It was the day before the first day of school, so we decided to use it well. The amusement park was about 45 minutes away. I get motion sickness, so I mostly just sleep. But sometimes I like to look at the scenery and listen to music.

"Are we there yet?" Victor whined. "Yes. Yes we are," Blake said sarcastically. "You're so mean," Victor pouted. "You're so impatient," Jake pointed out. "Why are you all ganging up on me," Victor said in mock hurt. "Don't worry bro, I'll back you up," Parker said, wrapping his arms around Victor. "Get off," Victor said while shooing Parker's arms off. "Someone's being a grumpy pants today," Parker grumbled.

Once there were only five minutes left until we got to the park, Adam started talking.

"Okay guys," Adam said before I coughed. "And girls," Adam laughed. "Thank you," I responded. "Anyways, make sure you have money, sunscreen, and a hat. Got it?" Adam said. "Yes Dad," Andrew said rolling his eyes.

We all turned to look at him with wide eyes. He finally processed what he said returned the look. "Well Adam's way better than that stinkin' 'dad' of ours," I said, trying to lighten the mood. We all stayed quiet for the rest of the car ride, which wasn't very long.

Adam pulled into he parking lot of the amusement park. We got a shady spot that was also near the park. We all climbed out and got our stuff. I grabbed my black SnapBack, a travel sized sunscreen bottle, and my wallet with some money. I admired my outfit for the day. I was wearing a plain white t-shirt with some light washed denim shorts. I tied my yellow hoodie around my waist. It wasn't the most complicated outfit, but it was better than a normally wore.

"Are you coming Summer?" Jake asked, walking toward the park. "Yup," I replied with a smile. I ran to catch up with them, and we headed in.

While we waited in line to get in, we received some strange looks. One mom even came up to us and commented how big of a family we were.

Once we passed security, we were in the amusement park. There was a big sign that read, California Paradise. Underneath, it read, The biggest amusement park in California. Families were taking pictures in front of it, and we offered to help them. One family volunteered to take a picture of us. The mom had ginger hair and the dad had brown hair. They had a daughter about Ryan's age and a son who looked about eight. The Tuckermans can never take a serious photo, so we just made stupid faces. The family laughed and we both went out ways.

"What ride do you guys want to go on first?" Adam asked. "The Cobra!" we all said in unison, earning some looks from people. "Okay," Adam chuckled.

We walked over to The Cobra and waited in line. Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of waiting at amusement parks? We entertained ourselves by playing some games on my brothers' phones. We also played tag, but got disapproving looks from parents. You must be thinking, how do you play tag in line? Well, that was the problem. I don't think I need to say anything else.

When we got to the front of the line, we took up half the seats. I sat next to Jake, Ryan and Parker sat next to each other, Victor and Andrew sat next to each other, and Blake and Andrew sat next to each other. One of the workers came and made sure that we were all buckled in. Then he gave the operator and thumbs up, and we started moving.