Chapter 8 - Golden Girls

Summer's POV

"Happy first day of school!" I yelled into Parker and Ryan's ears. They jumped up with wide eyes. Their looks of confusion were replaced by looks of anger once they realized what had happened.

"You're so dead Winter!" Ryan said angrily. I quickly dashed out of their room and headed to my room. It was only a few feet away. I was going to make it. I was almost there!

"Got you!" Parker said as he tackled me to the ground. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here," Ryan said with a smirk. "What do you think we should do with her?" I was beginning to lose all hope until I heard Jake. "Hey Losers! Don't forget! You guys are our personal servants today!"

I almost forgot! Since we beat the others in the swan boat race, they were forced to serve us for the whole day! I started making a list of things I needed them to do for me. This was going to be a fun day.

Ryan and Parker let me go and I went to my room. I changed into my outfit for the day. I had a white teeshirt with a pocket sewn on. Over that, I wore my maroon zip-up hoodie. I paired that with some light washed jeans and black vans. It was a simple, but cute outfit.

Jake walked out of the closet wearing some khakis and a maroon Nike shirt. We nodded approval at each other's outfits and headed downstairs.

My brothers all had outfits with different shades of red, purple, and maroon. It was a first day of school tradition to match.

We gathered near our fireplace and Adam placed a camera on a tripod. Jake, Blake, and Andrew stood in the back, while Victor, Parker, Ryan, and I kneeled in the front. Adam put the timer on the camera and rushed in next to Jake. We smiled wide smiles until we heard a faint click.

Adam went back to the camera and set another timer. The rest of my brothers picked me up, and held me sideways. Again, Adam rushed into the picture and took a hold of my legs. After another click, we relaxed our smiles. I heard my brothers snickering, but before I could find out what they were up to, they dropped me to the floor. They exploded laughing. I went up to each and every one of them and gave them a good lunch. They all groaned and I grinned, satisfied.

On the first day of kindergarten, my brothers did the same pose, so year after year, we kept doing it. I have to admit, it gets kind of embarrassing, but it also brings back good memories.

"Little Chef! Do you wanna help me with the first day of school breakfast?" Jake asked me. "Of course!" I said enthusiastically. I raced into the kitchen and got ready to make breakfast.

"What do you want to make?" Jake asked me. "Scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes," I listed. "I'll get started on the pancakes. You do the eggs," Jake instructed.

I went to the fridge and grabbed a carton of eggs. One dozen eggs is barely enough for the Tuckermans, but it'll have to do. I got a pan out and put it on the stove. I turned the heat on and started cracking the eggs. I cracked them in a bowl, and then whisked them. I poured them over the hot pan and mixed it until it was done. I took the eggs out of the pan and put them on a plate. Jake handed me the bacon, and I fried them in the pan. When the bacon was done, I placed it on a separate plate. Jake grabbed the stack of pancakes and brought them over to my hungry brothers. He put the eggs and bacon next to them, making my brothers' mouths water.

Jake and I sat down at the table and we dug in. Within five minutes, all of the food was gone and we were all stuffed.

"Summer, Ryan, Parker, Victor, and Andrew," Adam started. "Go upstairs and brush your teeth." Jake and Blake were in college, but it didn't start for about another week. So they just got to stay home and relax while we were slaving away at school.