Føur

"Woah." I said walking into the skating rink.

"This place is huge."

"I bet they have a snack bar here." Goldberg said.

"Big deal." Fulton said not really caring is there was snack or not.

"They look pretty good." Charlie said as we all watched the varsity team practice.

"They sure won a lot of championships." Julie pointed out as she stared at the flags hanging from the ceiling.

They're not all that hot." Charlie smirked.

"Come on guys we can skate out there." Connie reassured us. We all heading for the rink when varsity came up to us.

"Well if it isn't captain ducky." Riley, the varsity captain joked.

"Get your hands off him." Fulton said sticking up for his teammate.

"Oo, look a bash brother. I'm so scared." A guy name Cole said.

"Break it up. Come on men lets go." Their coach said making them leave us alone. I don't know if I'd call them men but okay.

"How 'bout it cowboy round up?" Charlie suggested.

"Hey Charlie shouldn't we wait for the new Coach before we mess around?" Connie asked.

"This is how we practice. Duck hockey Connie. He'll have to get used to it sooner or later."

"I don't know Charlie. What if he gets mad?" I asked.

"Come on Hayes. He'll learn to deal."

I think Fulton is rubbing off on him, but I caved. "Okay."

"Come on cowboy, hit it." Charlie told Dwayne.

"Yee-haw. Round 'em up doggies." Dwayne smiled.

Everyone scattered as Dwayne tried to catch up in his lasso.

He caught Goldberg right away. He started skating towards me but I moved out of the way just in the nick of time. I followed Julie and Connie around for a bit until Luis skated by. I caught I wiff of his cologne and casually headed towards his direction. Thankfully he didn't realize I was following him. I eventually pass him and turn around so we were facing each other, I was skating backwards. He smiled at me with that little smirk of his where he only shows his top teeth. His dark brown eyes were soft as he met my green eyes, causing me to smile back. I saw Averman hide in the goalie net and Dwayne caught Charlie. As Charlie fell to the ice I bumped into someone. Turning around I saw Coach Orion.

"My name is Coach Orion. You can call me Coach or Coach Orion."

"You can call me Charlie." Charlie stood up, took off his glove and offered Coach his hand. I looked over at him and hit him for being stupid.

"That must be what that "C" on your jersey stands for. It sure doesn't stand for captain"

"Sorry Coach we were just messin' with you." Russ joked.

"Hey Bombay gave him that "C"." Goldberg said.

"And I respect that but that's the past. This is my team now and I'll be selecting the captain."

"You gotta be kidding me right?"

"Charlie." I grumbled but he didn't listen.

"I mean you're the rookie here. We've all been together for four years."

"Yeah." Some of the team agreed.

"Okay Charlie, laps, right now."

"How many, Coach Orion." Charlie sassed.

"I don't recall saying." Coach gave attitude right back to him.

Charlie huffed and began his laps. Coach looked me in the eyes and asked if I wanted to join him. I shook my head 'no' and he told me to get back in line. I quickly skated behind Luis and Banks with my head down. Charlie I'm gonna punch you for pissing off the Coach. After Coach lectured us for half an hour we started practice. First he made Goldberg get in the net and we practice shooting. Then he had us scrimmage and do sprints, a lot of sprints. I thought I was gonna die if he didn't end practice when he did.