Ten

I met up with Charlie and his mom as they were about to leave. Charlie's mom asked if I wanted to go to Mickey's Dining Car with them and I said sure. When we got there I wished I had said maybe another time.

"Come in and sit down." Charlie's mom told him.

"How was the game?" One of the workers asked.

Charlie's mom just looked at her but she got the hint.

"Not good huh. I'll close up."

"Listen I'm talking a bus home I'll see you later." Charlie said getting up.

"Uh no sir you're gonna sit over there and do your homework. I just watched you jeopardize your hockey career I will not let you do it to your studies." His mother told him.

"You have no idea what it's like playing for that guy."

"I don't care who your coach is, your behavior out there was juvenile."

"Because Coach Orion-"

"Because Coach Orion nothing." His mother cut him off. "You used to feel the same way about Coach Bombay remember. I think the only thing that needs to change around here is your attitude."

"What?! Oh give me a break." Charlie said then left.

I looked at his mom then ran after Charlie.

"Charlie what the hell was that? I'm not one to butt in on other people's family arguments but are you serious right now?!"

"Come on Hayden you play for him you know how he is."

"I also know how you are Charlie or at least I thought I did. You never talk back to your mom like that. Why now?"

"I'm just upset alright."

"Upset about what Charlie? That you cost the rest of the team the game because you wanted to show off to your girlfriend. Or because you know your mother is right but you don't want to accept it."

"She's not my girlfriend." Charlie snapped.

"But you want her to be. You want her to be your girlfriend so badly that you've been ignoring me."

"I've been ignoring you? What about you ignoring me? You'd rather go on a date with Luis and hang out with him and Adam."

"You where on a date too! With her! And yeah I hung out with Luis and Adam at least some of us still want to be friends with Adam unlike you or some of the other guys." I got up in his face and yelled at the top of my lungs.

"You're the one that went with them to freeze varsitys stuff. You're the one that didn't stop them from freezing Adams clothes. Seems like to me you're a bit two faced don't you think." Charlie said then walked away.

I tried to fight back the tears as much as I could but it wasn't working. I walked back in the diner and grabbed my bag.

"I'm sorry Casey but I have to go." My voice was shaking.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" She asked starting to come around the counter.

"I'm fine. It's just I completely forgot that Connie wanted me to help her study for an upcoming exam. I'll talk to you later okay."

When I got back to my dorm I saw Luis sitting in front of his door. He has his head tilted up resting it on the door with his eyes closed.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked my voice was still a bit shakey.

Luis opens his eyes and looked at me. "I locked myself out. Where's Charlie?"

"He's staying at his house tonight I guess." I tried to hide the fact that I've been crying but he saw right through me.

"Hayden what's wrong?" He asked getting up. He grabbed my hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

"Charlie and I got into a fight. He called me two faced for hanging out with Banksie then helping Julie, Russ and Kenny freeze his clothes."

"What?! Hayden don't listen to him. You are not two faced. He's just upset about the tie."

"That doesn't give him the right to say something like that to me."

"You're right it doesn't, but let him figure that out for himself. You are one of the nicest girls I know." He pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back.

"Do you wanna stay with me tonight and we can figure out how to get in your room tomorrow? Maybe Charlie will come back." I suggested still hugging him.

"Uh, are you sure?"

"Yeah, I mean obviously I'll have to see if Connie and Julie are alright with it but I'm sure they won't mind."

"Won't mind what?" Julie asked her and Connie came around the corner.

"If Luis stays with us tonight. He accidentally locked himself out and Charlie's pissed off and staying at home tonight. So he has no way to get in."

"Well couldn't he go to the desk and ask if-" Julie started saying but Connie elbowed her.

"Of course he can stay. Right Julie." Connie eyeballed her.

"Oh yeah you can stay Luis."

"Cool." Luis said.