Eight

I pulled my hoodie over my head and grabbed my bag. I walked out of the locker room and was grabbed out of nowhere and pulled to the side.

"What the?"

"Sorry." Luis said, he had me pinned against the wall. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I looked up at his beautiful brown eyes. The light reflecting off them made the gold flecks around his iris twinkle. I glanced down and saw that he had me boxed in, his arms were on either side of me as we leaned against the wall, so I couldn't go anywhere, not that I want to. I started biting my fingernails, nasty habit I know but I can't help it. I could feel my heart rate pick up speed the longer we stayed like this.

"You didn't scare me."

"Then why are you breathing so heavy?" He smirked raising an eyebrow at me. He already knew why.

"What do you want Luis?" I asked, trying to calm myself, I shifted my weight to one side letting my hands fall to my sides.

"I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me at Mickey's Dining Car."

"Uh, sure." I tried to say casually as I scratched the back of my neck and looked down at my feet.

***

I heard a knock on the door of my dorm room. That must be Luis. The girls started giggling and I pointed at them. Connie just smiled and put her text book in front of her face. Julie pressed her lips together and spun around in the desk chair. I opened the door and Luis flashed me a smile.

"Ready?" He asked.

Connie snorted, I turned and looked at her then back at Luis. "Yeah I'm ready." I smiled.

"Hi Hayden." Charlie's mom greeted me as Luis and I sat down at the bar of the restaurant. "Luis."

"Hi." We both grinned.

"What are you two up to tonight?"

"Nothing much hanging out having dinner." I beamed.

"Sounds fun. What can I get you?" She pulled out a notepad and a pencil.

"Uh, burgers?" I said more as a question looking and Luis who shook his head. "Burgers and fries please."

"What to drink?"

I looked at Luis.

"Coke for me please." He said.

"Me too please."

"Okay." Charlie's mom smiled walking away.

A few minutes later our food was done and we decided to move to an empty booth. We sat by the door Luis sat on the far side and I sat closer to the door. We had a collectible share of awkward silences at first, as we listened to the rain outside, until someone walked in the restaurant.

"Banksie?"

"Oh, hey guys." Banks smiled at us dripping wet from the rain.

"What's up?" Luis asked him.

"Decided to take a break from study, went for a walk, saw Charlie and that girl. Then I ended up here after deciding whether or not I wanted to walk all the way back to my dorm."

"Wait woah back it up. You saw Charlie with a girl." I looked at Banks then at Luis.

"Yeah. I think her name is Linda. They were walking out from the movie theater with their arms around each other." He looked really sad.

"Come sit." I said patting the seat of the booth.

"I-I don't want to intrude on you guys."

I looked at Luis and smiled.

"Sit dude, you're not intruding." Luis said.

Adam sat next to me with his head on the table. My inner mom would have probably told him to not be rude, because Luis and I were still eating, but under the circumstances it doesn't bother me. Charlie's mom ended up spotting him and came out to talk to us.

"Is everything okay with Adam?"

"Uh yeah. He just doesn't really feel that well. Luis and I told him we'd walk with him back to school." I hurried up and said.

Charlie's mom doesn't know that Adam likes Charlie or that Charlie at least is supposed to like Adam. With the Way he's been acting lately I'm not sure he even knows what to think.

"Probably from walking around in that rain with only a hoodie on. I hope you feel better Adam. Do you want anything to eat?" She asked.

"Yeah Adam maybe some food will help you feel better."

"Sure." He mumbled from his head still resting in his folded arms on the table.

"What are you feeling you're up to?"

"I guess the same as these guys."

"Burger, fries and a coke coming up."