11

-Gabriella-

It took me hours to decide what to wear that morning, and in the end i was still late. We had agreed to meet at the park in the center of town, and

when I arrived I could see the worry etched into Lukan's face as he typed on his phone. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and knowing it would be a text from him, hurriedly closed the distance between us and sat on the park bench beside him. He looked up and smiled at me, the relief evident on his face.

"Hey," he said, "I nearly thought you weren't coming!"

"I'm so sorry, it took me longer to get ready than I thought it would, I hope you haven't been waiting too long?" I reply, nervous as to what his answer would be. I nearly wanted to laugh at myself, getting all flustered.

"No, it's okay, I was talking to a couple of mates when I first got here anyway."

He looked effortlessly good, and I nearly felt silly for stressing for so long, until I remember how flattering my outfit is. Plus, I'm pretty sure I couldn't pull off jeans like he did.

I hope he didn't think I was being rude.

"So, what's the plan going to be?" I asked him, keeping my tone light, he looked about as nervous as I felt.

"Well, I'm starving, so I say first we grab some lunch, then maybe go along the beach for a bit, if you wanted of course?"

He delivers this with a charming and slightly shy smile and I can't help but grin back, I'm actually excited for today.

"Shall we," he said, offering me his arm. I slipped mine through the crook of his elbow and clasped his upper arm with my hand, giggling, until he elbowed me in the side, making me yelp and jump away.

"That," he said, "is for making fun of my cheesy attempts at being a gentleman."

I smirked at him before rolling my eyes.

"I'm suuuure you'll forgive me Lukan," I say, wrapping my arms around him and squeezing gently, before letting go and smiling softly at his slight blush.

"So, where to?" I ask.