Chapter Two

Months passed without Voltier returning, Ash and Glaziel had had a very one sided talk with Alpha the day after their brother had left. Alpha had said that Voltier was doing something for him, and left out any sort of detail.

One morning, Ash awoke with a startle. As he came to, he could hear a wolf’s howl echo through the cavern. It was Alpha, and when he howled, it meant that there was danger nearby. Everyone scrambled to their feet and looked around. Ash noticed someone standing at the entrance, someone he didn’t know, someone who clearly wasn’t a wolf. The creature stood in the darkness, concealing their features.

“Who are you?” Alpha snarled as everyone made their way to his side.

“My name is Sirius,” the creature spoke in a male voice. As it took a step forward, the light finally touched his face, revealing a strange tan and brown head with a light brown mane. Light Blue eyes passed over everyone as the creature stepped closer. Darker markings dotted his body and a large tail swept behind him.

“You’re the one the Humans destroyed, that led to us being exiled. What do you want from us?”

“I want you and the rest of your Elementals to join my cause,” Sirius replied.

“And what is your cause?”

“I call it the Extinction Event, we are a group of extremely powerful Elementals that have one goal, the utter annihilation of the human race.” Everyone gasped at this. “They experimented on us, made us monsters, and for what? To use us. But I rebelled, and now I need your help. Join me.”

“Everyone who doesn’t have powers, head deeper into the cavern!” Alpha instructed.

Most of the wolves obeyed without question, leaving only seven remaining.

“This is much more than I had hoped for,” Sirius spoke with a smirk on his face. “So how many of you will join me?”

“None!” Alpha answered immediately. “We would rather die than join your cause, the humans have done nothing to us.”

“Very well then. Time to die.”

Sirius raised his front paws before slamming them down and causing a wave of earthen spikes to erupt out of the ground. Ash’s first instinct was to fly upwards and out of the way of danger. From his vantage point he could see the other elementals begin to attack, Glaziel and another ice elemental, Jinx, began firing off ice spikes and trying to freeze Sirius. Two nature wolves tried binding him down using vines while a water tried drowning him. All of these attacks were in vain as Sirius was able to avoid each one using his powers. The only wolf who hadn’t attacked was Alpha, who hadn’t left with the others. Ash flew down to speak to him but a wall of earth burst through the ground and slammed into them before a word could be said. Ash rolled a few times before coming to a stop, he looked up and saw Alpha standing up, facing Sirius. As Ash looked around, he could see that the other wolves had all been defeated, none were killed, just injured enough to not have the strength to keep fighting. Now it was just Ash and Alpha against Sirius.

“Ash,” Alpha spoke. “I want you to take Glaziel and run, head north and find your brother. He’ll be able to help.”

“But- “

“Just go. And don’t worry about us, we can handle Sirius.”

Without argument, Ash ran over to Glaziel and helped her up, her injuries weren’t too severe, just some minor cuts. The two of them ran for the exit. Ash stopped, looked back, and was amazed at what he saw. The Alpha was using an invisible element to launch himself up and barrage Sirius with unseen attacks.

“GO ASH!” Alpha screamed, catching Sirius’ attention. The creature turned around and looked at Ash before launching himself towards them. Sirius was halted by an unknown force. “I have him pinned, go.”