Chapter Three:

Two days later: (I wrote the first part of this chapter a while back, but I got kinda stuck, so I didn't finish it until later 😄)

     Kirstie walked with Jeremy hand-in-hand (as Jeremy loved it) to the studio, Kevin, Darien Koop, and Esther already there, standing by the door.

     For Kirstie, it was quite odd that Esther still wanted to be tour manager, even after Avi leaving- not that Kirstie wasn't grateful, she loved Esther to death, but it was still quite strange nevertheless, for people expected Esther to work with Avi, rather than stick to Pentatonix. Yet thankfully, she still stuck like glue to the group, being a great reminder of Avi (though they were barely alike) for them.

     "Looks like our mezzo-soprano and bass are here," Esther remarked, as Jeremy laughed, "We sure are." [MEATandPOTATOES , great minds think alike, since we both thought of Jeremy as the bass 😂😂]

     Kirstie nodded, although her head was bowed at the ground. While she was glad that Jeremy was their new bass, rather than a complete stranger, she still missed Avi so much. Too much, to tell the truth.

Gratefully, no one noticed, for Queen had arrived, however alone, without Scott, as it seemed to be these days.

     Mitch held his coffee in his hand, strutting to the door, teasing, "Kirstie, spill the tea, are you pregnant or not?"

     Kirstie immediately sucked in her breath, as Jeremy gazed at her lovingly. He had wanted a child, even as Kirstie thought it was too s**n for them, that it was too s**n for her to lie intimately with Jeremy, even as they were married. Even as they were supposedly each other's soulmate. Yet, Jeremy had begged relentlessly, as Kirstie knew that she had to complete the task to make him happy. So she did. Even as she wished she didn't, yet she did. And every time, nothing would happen, for Kirstie made sure nothing would happen. As much as she loved children, she didn't want one now, now that she was with Jeremy and not A- she had to forget his name. He didn't matter anymore.

Kirstie bit her lip, remembering her lie from last week, remembering the exact words she had told Jeremy to get him to leave her alone.

"Jeremy, I'm pregnant."

"I..." Kirstie began, as everyone squinted their eyes at her, waiting for her to tell them the false news.

Gratefully, Jeremy took that job from her.

"Kirstie and I are having a kid!" Jeremy exclaimed rather excitedly.

     As Kirstie expected it to go, everyone began congratulating her, all at once.

     "OHMYGOSHIMMAUNCLE!" Mitch squealed, causing everyone to laugh, even Kirstie, although she was laughing far more nervously and sadly than the other's jubilant laughs.

"Oh my goodness, congrats y'all!" Kevin beamed, his grin widening.

Esther's eyes twinkled, "You don't know how happy I am for the both of you."

"That's amazing!" Darien smiled, as Jeremy hugged him.

"I know! We're going to be parents!" Jeremy intoned giddily, as they all headed into the studio.

Kirstie sighed, although smiling, for she didn't want others to discover anything just yet. She had to pretend she was pregnant; everything will be fine. But she knew it was going to be difficult. For sure.

Kirstie plopped down onto the couches, after grabbing coffee, as Jeremy stopped her with a frown, whispering, "Babe, you can't have coffee, remember?"