Chapter Thirteen:

Dawn. When moonlight melts into the glorious shades of the sunrise. When indigos ripple against golds, creating a haze between violets to crimsons to light blues.

She gazed at the day beginning from where she stood, on the balcony, viewing the silvery shores and sparkling waters underneath. It was very early morning; practically everyone was asleep.

Kirstie was snuggled on the bed- she had finally given in to Esther's pleads for her to sleep on the soft bed, rather than the scratchy couch.

Esther had called Avi to make sure everything was okay, for the way he had left yesterday worried her- he seemed focused on something Esther didn't know of. Yet, no matter how many times she called, texted, and even DMed him, he wouldn't answer.

This wasn't the reason for her being awake; her stupid emotions were. Her constant thoughts revolving around Kevin. She couldn't help it; she was falling deeper and deeper in love with him.

And now someone else knew. Kirstie knew of her feelings, though Esther was sure that Kirstie wouldn't tell. Especially due to the state she was in now. She wouldn't tell, but that didn't stop Esther from worrying.

Esther sighed. She had to get over him. He wouldn't love her; no one could love her. If Darien, someone whom she thought truly adored her, could cheat on her, then what makes Kevin any different. Plus, Kevin didn't even love her in that sense. Even worse.

So she stayed. Watching the joyous world around her, while she drowned in devastation.
***********************************

He preferred Chamomile to the typical Earl Grey or English Breakfast teas. The citrusy, herbal flavor tingled his tongue, as he sipped it quickly. His hands held the porcelain mug carefully, as he lounged on the sofa, watching the view outside.

     It was gradually brightening up, the glittering light soaring through the vast skies. The sparkling shine matched the golden liquid in his cup, as he laughed at the mere coincidence.

Abruptly, his phone blared in his pocket, as he took it out, smirking when he saw who it was.

"Hey; how are you?" He grinned, smiling at the sound of her voice.

"Hi, Kevin. I'm good; how about you?"

Her voice sparkled with sorrow, which made Kevin know she truly wasn't fine.

But Kevin, not wanting to do anything to break out tension in their relationship, simply kept quiet to his overwhelming thoughts.

Instead, he focused on something else. Someone else. Kirst.

"How's Kirst?" He asked instinctively; he cared for Kirstie as if she was his own sister- she was his sister, even though their relation is not by blood.

"She's not any different. You could say she's a tad better though, since she finally gave in to sleep after I kept begging her to."

Silence. Falling upon them again- why was it awkward to speak with her again?

"So, when do you think we should hang out?" Esther catechized, bring forward a far happier subject.

     "I'd say today, though Kirst's condition is very important...so I don't know when exactly. Anytime s**n," Kevin replied thoughtfully.

     "Yeah...I hope it will be sometime these few days. Also, Kevin, word choice," Esther stated firmly, then bursting out laughing.