Chapter Twelve:

That picture is Esther's hotel room in Malibu :):
October 2017- Cabo, Mexico:

Flashing lights- bright blue, neon green; purples and reds flickering up and down the glittering walls. Hands up in the air, the stench of sweat, fading perfume, and alcohol washing over the floor. Swaying her hips, Kirstie grabbed Taylor's hands, both of them screaming the lyrics to all the songs.

"I'mma blow your mind...take it out on the floor like that, like that!" Kirstie sang, her voice straining as she giggled tipsily.

"Kirst...you should go siiiinnnggg," Taylor suggested, her words slurring together.

     "Yaaasssss hunny- I'd slay wouldn't I?" Kirstie laughed, as she took her glass from the table, finishing up her margarita.

     "Definitely! Too bad Nicole and Carissa didn't want to come here!" Taylor commented.

     "I know right! R.i.p. them- we're having so much fun!" Kirstie smirked.

"Yaaasssss Queen!" Taylor shrieked, as the lights glistened around them.

Kirstie guffawed suddenly, as the two girls danced drunkenly.

Two guys had noticed them, both incredibly hot with coppery smooth hair and bright brown eyes- though not as hot as Avi according to Kirst's mind, as she beamed at them.

"Are you Kirstin Maldonado?" The leaner one asked with a sexy accent, as Kirstie grinned.

"That's me. And my friend Taylor," Kirstie introduced Taylor, who brightened at the sight of them.

"Two beautiful ladies alone on a Saturday night?" The other one, with textured muscles, observed.

"We're on a girl's trip," Kirstie explained happily.

"Delightful. We're tourists too," They grinned.

"Really?" Taylor raised a brow, as her perfectly-manicured hands grasped her sixth drink.

"No," They laughed, as Kirstie playfully slapped them.

"Hey, don't mess with a Texan," Kirstie called out, as her phone began to ring.

She clutched it in her hands, seeing the bright name pop up- Jeremy was calling.

"It's Jeremy," Kirstie snorted, as she answered, "Hey babe!"

"Kirstie...are you drunk?!"

Kirstie sniggered at this.

"No, I'm high...of course I'm drunk, you dumbo! Lol babe!"

She heard him groan from the other side- why did it matter of her state right now? Shouldn't he be in the same way? After all, he was in Miami on his bachelor thing.

"Hey, let me talk to him," Manuel, the buff one, offered.

"You know about Jeremy, too?" Kirstie asked stupidly, as she dumbly handed him her phone.

Before she knew it, the two men were cussing Jeremy out for no freaking reason- and Kirstie couldn't stop laughing. It seemed that only Taylor was sane enough to realize that crap was about to go down.

"Kirstie!!!" The phone blared, as they ended the call.

"Oh my goodness- why is this so funny?"

If only she realized how 'funny' it would be later.
***********************************

Present Day 2018: