Chapter Five:

Scott glanced down at his bare feet on the thick, fuzzy blanket, before looking up at the slender, long legs staring at him. Mitch.

     Scott yawned, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, as he threw his covers off of him, standing up to meet the somewhat annoyed, yet looking apologetic Mitch.

     Mitch's arms were crossed against his Gucci t-shirt, oversized so that it covered the skintight Calvin Klein boxers he was wearing. Scott gazed at his face; his lips were pursed as if he were to suggest something.

But he didn't say anything at all, as if he was simply waiting for Scott to start. Which Scott did, of course.

"Mitch, I'm sorry for being a dick to you these past few weeks!" Scott spilt finally, as Mitch's features softened.

     "It's alright, Scott. Sorry for not giving you a chance after everything that happened to us for the last six months."

     Scott gulped at this, remembering every single thing that happened between them.

     "O-of course...I mean I forgive you too," Scott replied, rather nervously, as Mitch felt the need to change the subject.

     "Um, do you want to do a Superfruit right now? I totally forgot that we haven't done one in weeks, like Jeremy had to remind me," Mitch asked, his big brown eyes rippling with fear and worry.

     "Yeah. And if you want, we can invite Jeremy and Kirstie to do one too. I remember Jeremy saying he really wanted to do one with us," Scott added.

     Mitch nodded, "Yes," as he dashed out the room to call Jeremy and Kirstie.

Scott sighed. He needed to confront Mitch and apologize for his actions months prior. He needed to tell him the truth.

But he didn't know whether it was too late.
***********************************

     "Yeah, we'll be there."

The car window blurred, the remnants of the trickling raindrops fading away into a dark haze. Kirstie pressed her hand against the dry side of the glass, writing her name with the velvety pads of her plump fingers, almost writing someone else's name as well. But she caught herself, her left hand grabbing her right hand by the wrist, as she placed her hands back onto her lap.

"I used to do that a lot when I was a kid," Jeremy smiled, watching Kirstie from the corner of his eye, as he drove them to Superfruit's house.

"Me too," Kirstie sighed fondly, recalling the good old days where she didn't know what was to come, when life wasn't always predictable. Bare feet, fields of flowers, sticky ice cream cones- the chocolatey treat dripping all over little fingers, car rides to the movie theater, acting in many plays with the same people she lived her life with...a true dream, now that she thought about it.

But now...now, all she had was a declining band, every member stuck in their own world, a husband whom she didn't love...even as he loved her, and a hopeless dream for another man's love.

     Kirstie fiddled with her fingers worriedly, for she hadn't hung out with Mitch and Scott in so long, besides at the studio, of course. She hoped that they wouldn't ask her about her "pregnancy"; she hoped she didn't have to continue along with her story.

     The alarming beeping of the car brushed away her thoughts, as her eyes wandered all around, viewing the clear, papery skies outlined against the darker horizon, the summer sun nowhere in sight, yet the glaring heat reminding them that summer was starting s**n.