Chapter Six:

Esther swallowed. She should have called, instead of just barging into Kevin's apartment like she owned the place.

And the poor guy was not even wearing suitable pieces.

     Esther glanced down at her feet, mumbling, "Sorry, I shouldn't have just barged in here..."

     Kevin sighed, although he flashed her a quick smile.

     "It's fine, Essie," Kevin grinned, although his eyes twinkled with fear.

     What he was so afraid of- Esther didn't know.

     But what she did know was that she shouldn't have come.

Not right now, at least.

"Come on in; it's totally fine!" Kevin beamed awkwardly at her, as she continued to step into his home.

"Sorry again," Esther bit her lip; although Kevin shook his head, as if there was no worry.

"It's cool! I'm going to go- you know- change," Kevin said, dashing into his room, as Esther mentally smacked herself.

Honestly, what was she thinking?

Why did she even decide to come all of a sudden?

     Why did her heart lead her here, even as her brain repeatedly told her to stop?

     Why-

     Kevin walked back in, now clad in a t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

     "So, what's up?" Kevin remarked, as Esther tried to come up with a better reason than, 'Oh, I kinda have feelings for you, and I missed you, so here I am.'

     "Not much, just here to see my favorite beat-boxer," Esther smiled.

     "Aww, you're sweet!" Kevin said, as he sat down on the couch, joining Esther.

     "I just feel like we haven't seen each other in so long- I mean we do, with rehearsals, but it's not the same anymore," Esther tried to explain.

     "I know what you mean," Kevin nodded, hugging Esther.

     They stood like that for awhile, embracing each other, missing the good old days, missing the past, trying to stop the future. Trying to rekindle the light in the darkness.
***********************************

     The dead, withering thing laid in Avi's hands, until he finally dropped it, dropping it rather gently, for he already harmed it enough.

     Immediately after his actions, he felt as if there was a darker haze blanketing the boisterous buds, the flowers disgusted by what he had done.

     And he felt awful.

     Yes, as many would think, it was simply one rose- he only wounded one thing.

     But, as he came to realize it now, he destroyed love. He destroyed life. He destroyed happiness.

     And he had to make up for it.

     He had to go back to fix both his mistakes...

     And hers.

     Avi viewed the once-giddy blossoms once more, before searching for enough to make a vast bouquet of roses.

     He needed to talk to her, once more.

     He needed to get these wandering wisps of emotions out of his mind; he needed to express them to the one he still adored.