Chapter 8

❝Don't believe every
worried thought you have.
Worried thoughts are
notoriously inaccurate.❞
ㅡRenee Jain

Chapter 8
NIGHTCLUB
Hyunjoo

IT'S A BUS. A freaking nightclub bus.
I never thought such thing exist. If I did, I would have written it on one of my stories. Maybe after this, it would appear on one of my stories. Everyone should know there's a nightclub in a bus.

Hongseok also dressed up for tonightㅡbut he changed into clothes he already had before. Black leather jacket and red and black striped shirt inside. He looks amazing. As always. I felt uncomfortable with the way I look tonight. As always.

THERE IS A BOUNCER BY THE BUS DOOR. I was so overwhelmed with everything I see. The night lights. The busy streets. The cars. The night people. My hands were itching to get on my laptop and write this experience so that I wouldn't forget to include it in one of my stories.

Hongseok hopped on the bus after nodding with the bouncer who seemed to know him. How many times had he gone here that the bouncer can recognize him?

He turned to me and reached out his hand, "Coming or not?" he asked with a smile. I looked at his hand, and then back to him. I took a deep breath. "Okay." I said. He grinned.

The bus door closed and I don't know how I did not hear the blasting music earlier. Everyone is so wild. Everyone here is a party animal. Girls wear so little piece of clothing (comparing to mine) and boys are dancing so close to them. My stomach churned. The bus started to run.

The vehicle is air conditioned but I could feel myself sweating little by little. Maybe this is a bad decision. I inhaled another deep breath, and then I felt Hongseok's hands on my shoulder. "Hey," he said gently. "It's okay. I'm with you."

I nodded and tried to smile. He took my hand again. My mind is running to different places. I cannot even focus on his hand holding mine. He led me to the bar. The bus has seats on each side. And then it's just neon lights, poles, people and the bar to get drinks. It is crowded; but not too crowded that you can't move. I could still breathe.

"Oh, Hongseok! It's been a while!" The (female) bartender greeted Hongseok with a wide smile, and then looked at me. "I see you brought a company tonight."

Hongseok gestured for me to sit on the stool so I did. "This is Hyunjoo," he said. "Hyunjoo, this is Yuri."

I smiled awkwardly at the girl. She looked just a little older than us. She smiled at me and asked, "So, what's your drink, Hyunjoo?"

"Huh?" I asked in surprise. Of course, we're here to drink and dance. I looked at Hongseok to silently ask for help.

He smiled at me and then turned to Yuri. "Just something light, please."

Yuri raised an eyebrow, "Oh, light drinker, I see."

I smiledㅡif it can even be called a 'smile'.  It probably looked like a dog smile. "And for you?" she asked Hongseok.

"Something light, too."

"Really?" Yuri asked in what I call a disbelief.

"I'm driving." Hongseok said.

When she finally turned her back on us, I talked to Hongseok. "Seems like you are a heavy drinker?"

I'm quite taken aback when he suddenly leaned in. "What?" he asked.

I cleared my throat. "I said, it seems like you drink a lot."

He chuckled, "Nooo!" he said loudly, so he can be heard despite the music.