Chapter 29

Chapter 29
I Love You
HYUNJOO

I kept staring at my phone the next day that even Sowon noticed it. We were currently eating fries at Mc Donald's.

"It wouldn't ring if you keep staring at it." She said with a sigh.

I smiled sheepishly. "Right."

"Is it a guy?" she asked.

I blushed stupidly and nodded quietly.

Her eyes widened. "You have a boyfriend."

"NoㅡI don't. It's..."

"An ex?"

This time, I sighed and nodded.

Sowon frowned. "Girl, you have two other guys looking at youㅡand you're dwelling on an ex?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Look that way." Sowon tilted her chin behind us. I found Brian and Sungwoon with their friends. Both of them smiled at me. Brian waved at me. "Oh my gosh. He is just so hot. You know, when guys radiate hotness even when they're not doing anything special?" She said and I laughed. I smiled at Brian and Sungwoon meekly before turning my back on them.

"They are just friendly because we met last summer." I told her.

She sighed heavily. "My summer was so boring while you spent it meeting attractive guys."

I laughed again. I find myself really comfortable with Sowon. It's probably why I hadn't hidden myself away from her. She looked at Brian again and sighed, making me giggle. "I guess you've found your college crush."

She groaned, rolling her eyes. "I'm gonna find out what he did in 2010 tonight."

My eyes widened and I burst out laughing. "Jeez. You're gonna end up stalking his cousins on Facebook too."

Sowon laughed and pushed the ketchup and mayonnaise towards me. "Tell me about your ex." she said.

Somehow, I told her only the good memories so she was frowning by the near-end of the story. "Why did you break up if he's so amazing?"

And I told her why. She rolled her eyes with a deep frown. "Wow. You dated an ass."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I understand, you know. I wouldn't date someone like me."

She grunted. "Oh shut up. I would date someone like you. A guy version of you would be so adorable. Books and movies, and if he writes poems and storiesㅡhe would be a keeper."

I grinned at her. "Brian doesn't seem like the type."

"Well, we'll find out tonight." She said with a glint in her eyes.

#

HONGSEOK

Hyunjoo called me yesterday. I couldn't believe it. So I've been mustering up the courage to call her today. I kept trying to find excuses to avoid it though. Not because I don't want to talk to her. I'm afraid. I'm not sure what would happen now. But God, if she gives me one more chance, I swear I would try not to screw up again.