Chapter 11

Chapter 11
In The Middle Of The Night
Hyunjoo

Hongseok spent most of his time in the guestroom. He told us he would be catching up with his friends and also some sleep. Sorin and I sat on the white, feathery carpet of her living room with the milkshake she made and a bag of salty potato chips. We turned the TV on but we don't really watch. We just mutually wanted whatever it is we're going to talk about to be kept from Hongseok if possible. I know we're going to have a heart-to-heart girl talk today.

Sorin nudged me on the shoulder. "So, tell me about him." she said with a meaningful smile.

I frowned. "Stop it."

"What?"

"That look and that smile."

"I just can't believe you are spending time with a boy, okay? Is it wrong to be happy that you're finally going out to the worldㅡwith a boy?"

"Hongseok is nice. He's a friend."

"A friend? Ha. I don't think so."

"Sorin..."

"What if he likes you?"

"We started hanging out three days ago. What are you thinking?"

"Duhh, three days? Only the two of you?"

"Please,"

"Butㅡbut three full days is long!"

"It's actually quick."

"Because you were having fun with him?"

I sighed. "I guess I am."

"What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "I'm just worried that I'm wasting his time. Even now, I still fail to believe that he's with me. I mean, he was in my class for the whole three years in high school and never once did I think this day would come. He always hang out with the cool ones. I wasㅡam never among the cool onesㅡ"

"Hyunjoo," she called in that manner that always let me know she disagrees with what I'm saying. "That was high school. Everyone wanted to be cool in high school! It's different now."

"Yeah, because I'm not a high school student or a college one."

"That's not what I mean!" she said, knocking my head slightly with the bag of chips. "I'm saying he would not hang out with you, if he didn't like being with you."

For some reason, I blushed at what she said. Sorin didn't fail to catch that so her lips curled up in a smirk, "I see. There's definitely something."

My cheeks heated up even more. "No, noㅡ"

"You're still in the denial stage, okay. So tell me what you've done with him until now."

I told her all the things that happened, from the way I felt like suffocating inside my own home to how I fainted and woke up in Hongseok's van, to the party, to the camp site, to the mall and to the nightclub. The fast food and the sauna, to here.

Sorin gasped after I finished telling her everything, not leaving any details. She hooked her arm with mine and pulled me closer. "Holy shhㅡyou went to a nightclub bus?"

"Yeah, it was cool. Really. Didn't know such thing even exist. I mean, where did I spend my 20 years?"

"At home," she replied grinning and then back to whispering, "Do you know how expensive it is to get on that kind of club?"

"What?"

"And you did all those things with him? I'm going to bet you're going to have a boyfriend soon."