Chapter 14

"When I'm kissing you
my senses come alive
Almost like a puzzle piece
I've been trying to find
Falls right into place
You're all that it takes
My doubts fade away
When I'm kissing you."
ㅡMiranda Cosgrove

Chapter 14
Make It Official
HONGSEOK

Wooseok and Kino wanted to hang out in the van instead of their dorm room.

"It's so stuffy in there!" Kino complained.

"So where's Hyunjoo? You didn't bring her?" Wooseok asked, rummaging the small fridge as if he would find Hyunjoo there.

"She went somewhere with her best friend." I said casually.

Wooseok made the RV seem so small. Maybe this is why their room seems stuffy. I always fail to understand how he sleeps well in their bunk beds when he's longer than it.

Kino was busy on his phone, wearing a deep frown on his face. Wooseok glanced at him and then to me. "He's been throwing tantrums to Eunbin. They're," he motioned his hand slitting his own neck.

My eyes widened. "No way!" I turned to Kino. "Seriously? You guys are breaking up?"

"NO!" he screamed all of a sudden. Wooseok and I exhanged glances. Kino cleared his throat, "I mean, no. It'll pass." he said more calmly.

Wooseok shrugged at me as Kino turned back to sneer at his phone. "Heard from the other guys?" I asked him, meaning the other guys of six; Changgu, Yuto and Shinwon.

"Didn't you see them before you leave the town?"

I shook my head. "Just Shinwon."

"Kele is coming next week." he said with a huge grin.

I shook my head smiling. He always brightened up whenever he would talk about her.

"So what's the deal with Hyunjoo? You really like her, right?"

I don't hesitate at this. "Yeah, of course."

"So is she your girlfriend now?" he asked, peeling off plastic from an ice pop. "Come to think of it, you've been single since Yujin."

I rubbed my neck and asked him to pass an ice cream to me. "I'll ask Hyunjoo. I guess I have to confirm with her, right? Jeez. It's just been so long since I had a girlㅡI'm not sure how this works anymore."

"You have to ask her. Girls like her tend to overthink. No kidding."

I chuckled. "Speaking from experience?"

"Uh-huh," he nodded with a grin. "Have you ever heard from Yujin again?"

I remembered the text message, but I shook my head. "No."

"Are you waiting to hear from her?"

"No, why?"

He shrugged, "I saw her one time and she asked me about you."

"Oh,"

"But you have Hyunjoo now," he said and then added carefully, "I think you are better with her."

"You think so?"

He groaned. "You are having the summer of your life. I am stuck in college, waiting to see my girlfriend after so long. And my best friend is on the edge of breakup. This summer sucks."

I chuckled. Kino ignored the both of us, too immersed on his phone to say a word.

"But seriously, you look... smitten. Is that the right word?" he said.