Chapter Two

Unedited.

"Sophie, we have five minutes. Hurry up." Harley called. "Whose fault is that?" Sophie called from her bedroom, as she struggled to change into a simple sun dress, with leggings.

"Okay yes, it is my fault but still. Please hurry up." Harley called. Having already bought a house in Atlantis he offered Sophie and Sandor room and board, without even blinking. Sophie pulled on her boots as she stumbled out of her room. Harley's hair was unbrushed, as he laced up a jerkin. "Brush your hair." Sophie said as she hopped on one foot to pull on her other boot. "You have the wrong boot." Harley said as he snatched Sophie's brush from where she had left it the night before on the side stand next to the couch.

Sophie found her other boot, and started putting Calla's braid in her hair. Harley brushed his hair, and they both stopped and checked each other over before nodding. "Good let's go." He said opening the front door. Sophie hurried out where a carriage was waiting. Harley climbed in after her, with a smile, as Sandor managed to fit his bulk in the carriage and close the door. "Can you believe it?" Harley asked. Sophie smiled, "You training to be a teacher? No. Being late? Yes." Sophie said. Harley rolled his eyes. "Not that. I mean we're going to see the Band Bray." Sophie had heard of the band of musicians she just hadn't know they were such a big deal.

Harley had somehow gotten seats into the theatre they were performing at. "And also being a teacher." Harley grinned. "Or living together." Sophie laughed. "I always thought you'd be a messy person." She said earning an eye roll from Harley. "I was, however Timon's academy forced me to clean up." He said. "How is that place doing?" Sophie asked. "Better. The rules are still strict but it wasn't to bad." Harley said. "Speaking of which, when are you planning on taking up the representative job?" He asked. "As soon as I finish training up." Sophie said smiling. Harley grinned "Well that's another five months off right?" He asked. "Yeah." Sophie smiled looking out the carriage window. Having stayed in Atlantis for a month, she was counting down the days until she finished, and could visit her family. To see Fitz.

~

Fitz sat in his room in Everglen. It was hard trying to remember the boy who he was. Playing with the kaleidoscope, star gazing, base quest, and playing bramble.

Fitz smiled at the jerseys he had collected from over the years. It seemed like yesterday, yet so far away when he had last played with the toys in his room. Setting down the his old half used journal for telepathy, Fitz looked at the clean made bed, smiling he dropped to the ground and looked under the bed. There, clean and sparkly as ever sat Mr. Snuggles.

Laughing at the familiar sight of the stuffed animal, Fitz pulled out the bright red dragon out from under this bed as he sat up. "You still have that?" Biana asked appearing in the corner making Fitz jump. He laughed and tossed the stuffed dragon to Biana. "It's been under my bed this whole time." He said as Biana caught the sparkly Mr. Snuggles. She smiled down at it. "Remember when Keefe found out?" She asked. Fitz smiled at the memory and shook his head. "I had nearly died then, I thought I'd at least catch a break." He said. Biana sat down on Fitz's bed, and set Mr. Snuggles on the pillows.

"So have you and Sophie completed cognation?" Biana asked. Fitz shook his head as he stood up and sat on his own bed. "Not yet....I'm ready to....kinda, but she keeps making excuses so I figured she's just scared, so we decided we're giving each other time." Fitz said. "I can't believe you missed her by an day." Biana said. Fitz sighed in frustration, "I though we were going to get to see each other before she left." He said. "You can always hail her." Biana said. "Meet up for meals, or even visit." Biana offered. Fitz shook his head. "No, training takes every bit of time you have, I'm just hoping she'll focus as much as she can, to complete training a little earlier. Like I did." Fitz said.