Chapter Eleven

Unedited.

Sophie watched as Dex and Biana danced across the floor.

Dex had his lips, next to her ear, and was whispering, which made Biana blush and smile, her eyes brightening. Sophie was dressed in a violet dress with light brown touches to it.

"It took a whole lot to plan, but I think it turned out really well." Keefe said. Sophie and Linh shushed him, not taking their eyes off the newly wed couple, still dancing. Sophie couldn't tear her eyes away from them. They looked so...perfect. Both nearly glowing with happiness, as they danced. Dex had spent weeks perfecting his dancing skills. Meaning Sophie had to bear through getting her toes stepped on, as she helped him.

"I didn't know it'd take nearly five month-" Tam was cut off by Sophie and Linh shushing him, and elbowing his sides. He grunted but didn't say anything else. Dex dipped Biana, and kissed her as the dance ended. Sophie and Linh awed at them as the crowd cheered, and a few whistles went through the air. When the couple straightened up and pulled away they were both smiling. Other couples went to the dance floor, as Dex and Biana went to their table, with Alden, Della, Juline, Kesler, Grady, and Edaline, along with Gwendolyn and Royce.

Linh reached across Tam, and grasped Sophie's hand. Meeting her friend's eyes, Sophie felt herself smile, as she stood up. "Where are you guys going?" Tam asked, ad Linh stood. "We're ladies. Also we are going to make sure everything is prepared for the honeymoon." Linh said. "You're going to play pranks." Keefe said, as Fitz made a gagging sound at the 'H' word. "No way." Linh lied as she lifted the crystal, to Rosen the house, Dex won by the bet he had put on Sophie and Fitz. "We'll be right back." Sophie lied. The two girls leaped away before anytime could protest.

Rosen was a wild house. Neither big nor small, it had twisting towers on the grounds, and a huge room for Biana's designing. Gardens and walking trails twisted everywhere, it was everything Biana and Dex liked, smashed together, into one. Large but not to large, strange but fashionably strange. "I'll get the bags." Linh said, as she pointed at the trunks and bags in the living room, as they opened the front door. "I'll make the bed." Sophie said, as she headed down to the second living room, through a short hall and into a master bedroom she had helped build. The blankets were folded at the end of the bed, despite being furnished, the house still had yet to be lived in.

"You hid the petals right?" Linh called. "Cabinet below the kitchen sink." Sophie answered as she wrestled with the sheets. "Where are the candles?" Sophie asked, as she fixed the bed. "Bathroom cabinet." Linh answered. Sophie left the newly made bed, and opened the cabinet beneath the bathroom sink. The candles were nothing like Sophie had seen. They burned, but couldn't catch anything else on fire. Linh had tried explaining it was something with the chemicals in the wax and wick. Sophie set candle around the tub, the bed, and making a trail, from the bedroom to the front door.

Linh came with rose petals, Sophie had hidden earlier that day, still fresh from the cooling box, Linh spread the red and white petals, between the candles and to the bed. Sophie hurried upstairs, where she found the trunks of 'clothes' she and Linh had hidden. Placing them where Dex and Biana's trunks and bags had been. "What'd you do with their other clothes?" Sophie asked as she started lighting the candles. "I put them in the back of the linen closet." Linh answered as she lit the other candles. "Great, now...let's get down to business." Sophie grinned as she opened one of the bags she had brought down. Linh smirked, her red dress looking like fire, in the candle light.

For the next fifteen minutes, Sophie and Linh rigged every other room in the house, besides the bedroom and kitchen. Splotchers that would catapult at anyone whoever opened the office. Beads of splotchers, that reminded Sophie of paintballs, were set in front of the indoor garden. A bucket of water above the library door, along with dinosaur fluff, compliments of Havenfield, and a muskgog in one closet. Orange color dye in another, that would spray whoever opened it. Sparkles and glitter would reign down in the towers, everything was rigged. Linh checked the time, "Let's go, the last dance will be soon." She said. Sophie checked her work, before nodding, and closed the front door. She and Linh helped fix each others hairs, and straighten wrinkled dresses.