Chapter Seventeen

Unedited.

A week later, the library door banged open, startling Sophie from her studies of alchemy.

Fitz was across the room getting another book. "Sophie!" Dex shouted bounding into the room. Looking half on cloud nine and half in panic.

"Sophiesophiesophiesophie!" Dex said wrenching her off the couch by the shoulders he practically shook her. "I'm gonna be a dad. I'm going to have a kid! I'm going to be a dad! A dad! A freaking dad! Sophie do you hear me!? I'm gonna have a child! Well Biana is but I'm gonna have a dad!"

Dex looked confused, as his words bumbled together. Biana laughed as she walked in the room with Sandor. "I mean I'm going to be a dad." Dex said shaking his head. "I know Dex." Sophie laughed as she hugged him. "Congratulations." She said.  Dex's eyes were nearly bursting with light, and his smile could nearly crack his face. Before it vanished. "Wait you know?" He asked.

"She's the one that figured it out first...almost as soon as I knew." Biana said, as she sat down on a comfortable chair. "What? How?" Dex asked Sophie as he looked between his wife and his best friend. "Yeah how did you know Sophie?" Biana asked. Sophie didn't want to say she had eaten more that day than Sophie had seen her eat in her whole life. In the corner Fitz laughed before coughing. He met Sophie's eyes, he had heard her. "Um....instinct." Sophie said as she took her seat, she had been so brutally torn from. "I'm not buying it." Dex said as he easily lifted Biana and sat down on the chair before setting her on his lap.

Biana hardly seemed to notice, as she curled into Dex. "Neither am I." Fitz said as he leaned over the back of the couch, shooting Sophie a smirk. "How could you have possibly known?" He asked. Sophie shot him a glare before looking at Biana. "You were really careful coming down the stairs." She said. Biana nodded. "Plus you ate a lot." Fitz added unhelpfully. Sophie smacked the back of his head as he laughed. "Wh-what?" Biana asked. "It was the last thing that tipped me. First the stairs than you kept touching your stomach, than you were creating sweets." Sophie said. "You are very observant." Biana smiled as she placed a hand on her stomach, which was still flat as ever.

"And I am not." Dex said before grinning and bending down to kiss her stomach. Fitz rolled his eyes before meeting Sophie's. He smiled, "I'm sure I'll notice if you're pregnant." He transmitted. Sophie felt her face burn as she looked back at Dex and Biana. She was giggling as he talked to their future family. "So has anyone seen Keefe and Linh lately?" Sophie asked. "I had to take the blocks off their imparters, he had pink streaks in his hair, but I think their still on their honeymoon." Dex said.

"A whole week?" Sophie asked, Biana and Dex gave her a deadpan look. Sophie looked up at Fitz. "Do you think they found the face slapper in the cabinet yet?" She asked. Fitz smirked, "I'm sure they have." He said. "The what?" Biana asked. "Every time they open a cabinet in the kitchen a fake hand will slap them." Sophie said. Dex cracked up, as Biana looked half horrified and half proud. "When we get engaged, we're totally denying all access to the house....even Sandor. Who knows who'd employ his help." Fitz said. "Yeah, I've pranked Dex, Biana, and now Linh and Keefe." Sophie said.

"Oh he finally proposed?" Biana asked. "Biana!" Fitz complained and Sophie looked at her friend, realizing she knew something she didn't. Looking up at Fitz, Sophie found he wouldn't look at her, so she looked at Dex who shrugged, before getting a massive grin and pointing at Biana's stomach. Sophie couldn't help but grin back. He was going to be a great dad. "My bad." Biana mumbled. "Speaking of sweets." She said with a sheepish smile. Sophie stood up, "I think Sully made some custard bursts." She said. "Anything you want to drink?" She asked. "Lushberry juice please." Biana said. Sophie nodded. "Dex?" She asked. "Mmm? Same." Dex said to preoccupied with nuzzling into Biana to answer properly.