Chapter 1 Goddess: (1year ago)

By: Goddess Lore

Give me a reason to stay.
I see you don't have any.
Yet, you can disappear
And I had plenty.

I guess I am silly
For wanting you
So foolish of me
To try and trap you.

Trap you in
Love, concern and care.
I didn't know
All that gave you a scare

But its ok
Ru.....

Goddess POV

"Goddess?" I look up from my poetry notebook staring at my AP World History teacher right in her face. She asked me about my assignments that most of the class didn't complete. But, of course, I've completed it and was ready to turn it in so I could relax.

"Ok, Ms. Lores I see you and Mr. King have already completed the homework that was assigned. For you two these upcoming assignments will be a breeze." She said proudly. I looked around the room searching for this "Mr. King". I'm not the type to take notice to other people names like that unless I have too. Mainly because I hardly communicate with other people socially. I don't like to be crowded in a crowd of snake friends, false concerns, fake love, and fake everything else. Plus the attachments I've had in the past were always painfully broken. Truly it's sad.

I never heard of the last name King though and I started to search for an unfamiliar face that was somewhere in the crowded and freezing classroom. Suddenly, I heard a deep but low voice say, "Are there any major projects to come along with the book."

"Yes, in fact I will be putting everyone in pairs to work on these projects, because some of you  kids are just plain lazy." She retorted, giving stern looks to certain students. I stared at this boy and yes it's a bad habit of mine to stare at people that are unknown to me. Normally, my self-control would have kicked back in by now, yet my eyes were glued to him and refused to leave him. His short black curly hair was nicely lined and cut. His white T clung snugly on his torso displaying all the hard defined muslces underneath. And, his complexion was like fresh black coffee with dashes of cream to give him that nice brown caramel color.

I know I've been staring too long, yet my eyes seemed like they couldn't get enough of him.  Suddenly his eyes shifted to mine and our eyes met before I could look away. Assuming wrong, I thought he would've eventually looked away. But, no his eyes were glued to me now and I was beginning to choke on my nerveness. I could still feel his intense gaze on me as I shifted my attention to the teacher. The teacher started to pair everyone up and I was praying I wouldn't be paired with him, but of course for some reason my wishes are never granted.

The teacher explanation for this was that the other students would've abused our knowledge and take credit for a project that they most likely wasn't contributing to. And then claimed she expected the best from us. Yet, I expected the worse.

After the teacher gave us directions, she instructed for us to get into groups. As soon as those words left her mouth, he rose from his seat and strolled towards the back of the room with his bags in hand. He got a desk, pulled it up to the right side of my mine until they we're touching and sat down. He then looked at me and smiled introducing himself as Tray.

At this point I can't lie and say I wasn't attracted to him. I barely heard this boy name, I don't even know this guy yet, he  just leaves me so stunned. I'm yelling at myself to focus now, but it was hard to think with him so close smellig so good. I started to lean in closer until I realized what I was doing. Looking away from his beautiful hazel eyes, I'm trying not to lose my damn mind.

"Hi, I'm Goddess. So we have chose three assignments off this sheet to complete. Which ones do you want to do? "

He looked up at me from under his eyelashes and leaned in a bit closer and said..

"It really doesn't matter to me as long as we get them done." His smile just grew wider and it was infectious. I gave him a little smile back and so we started to plan out the work and list all the things we could do and create to make this thing guarantee us an A. I would have never guessed he was this smart and easy going. So refreshing, but I know better than to expect this to happen ever again.

"Can I get your number? " he said out the blue. And I guess my face betrayed me with the look of surprise, confusion, and disapproval. He returned my look with a frown.

"Why you make that face?" He questioned, I assume offended.

"Oh, nothing. I'm sorry you kind of caught me off guard." 

"I just wanted some contact with you" he said resting his head on his crossed arms while staring at me with those eyes. "You know for the project, just in case you or I decide to change or improve something. " He had a good point. I gave it to him with the plan of discussing only the projects and dry texting if the conversation so happen to steer away from that. I half expect him not to even text me at all. But of course, I hoped that my phone has a notification not from my ex, or my annoying sister, but an unknown number that I would hopefully save as Tray.