Chapter 20

My mouth is dry. My head hurts. Pulsing with so much fucking pain. My body hurts. I can't move my arms. I can't move my legs. Having trouble breathing. This is bad. This is real bad.

I opened my eyes and closed them immediately, because of the bright blinding lights. Again I tried to open my eyes, this time slowly making myself adjust. I took a look around at my surroundings. I was sat in a large room. It wasn't a gloomy nasty dirty basement. Sun rays splashed through the giant windows emitting light. The walls were painted blood red and there was no furniture with the exception of the chairs that sat in different areas of the room.

"You're finally awake." A deep voice boomed throughout the vacant room. The voice was coming from behind me and I felt a large hand land on my right shoulder causing me to shiver in fear.

"Bring them in!" He said with that deep voice of his. Suddenly a bunch of men with guns escorted Tray, Tivon and my father in. The men forced them onto their knees and put their guns at each of their temples. They all look pretty beaten up. The sight of them in this state had me holding back heated tears that wanted to overflow. I looked at Tray and his face was void of any emotion. Lifeless. My eyes landed on Tivon and by the looks of it, he will never have enough time for his face to heal. Our eyes connected and he threw me a smile. How can he be smiling at me at a time like this? I shook my head and looked away. My dad though, he couldn't even look at me. Coward.

"Now that we are all present, I wanted to have a discussion with you all. It's no need to ask why you're here. I know that you all are very much aware. I consider myself a very understanding and patient man. Yet, I am also a business man. One thing I do not play games about is my business and my money. Ladies and gentlemen, you are playing with my business and money." He said politely as he began to play in my tangled curls. The contact was making me nauseated. It was fucking sickening. Yet, he seemed so comfortable playing in my hair as he held us all at gun point and could easily end our lives at this very moment.

Suddenly I couldn't feel his hands anymore and he was walking towards my father with his back to me. He was very tall. I would have to say at least 6'2. The skin that was exposed was a light brown complexion. He had jet black hair, broad shoulders and was dressed in a black button down shirt with black jeans. Not the attire that I would imagine a drug lord in.

"Jared, you and I were very close. You were a very exceptional employee of mines. I just want to understand why did you betray me." He said genuinely.

"Calvin I would never betray you. You know where my loyalty lay."The sight of this disgusted me. He seemed to be pleading with him than stating his loyalty in confidence. Calvin just let out a deep laugh that echoed throughout the whole room.

"You call running your ass out of town and abandoning your wife and daughter being loyal? I threaten the life of your own daughter and you do nothing to protect her. Is that a display of loyalty you have for your own blood? Yet, you want me to believe you are loyal to a man such as myself? Mr. Lore I know everything about you. I know your every move before you even take it. Lately your actions have displayed everything but fucking loyalty!" Calvin boomed. My sperm donor shrunk back out of fear. Calvin let out another laugh and turned around.

Finally I have a full display of this mans face. He had intense dark green eyes that seemed to glow. He had a light stubble along his jaw line and full lips. The black button down shirt fit him well, displaying his lean muscular build. He sighed and began to make his way to me smiling. He grabbed a chair and sat right next to me.

"So you might be wondering how can we fix this? Jared what do you suggest? How can you make up for my drugs, my money, my wasted time?" He questioned.

"I'll do anything. I'll give you a-a-anything. Just please don't kill me! Please! I-I-I don't want to die! The exchange went wrong and all my men died. They took the drugs a-a-and the money. Maybe if you lend me some of your men I can get it all back. I promise. Just p-p-please spare my life!" All the while he was stuttering and weeping, I shook my head in disgust. The anger in me was boiling hot and was overflowing at this point.

"I fucking hate you, you coward. All you ever did was make my mother and I feel weak and helpless all these years you've beaten on us. You left me to fucking die for your fuck ups and mistakes! Yet, you sit here on your knees pleading to this guy for mercy. You don't deserve fucking mercy. Just kill him already so he can go rot in hell!" I yelled fighting against the restraints that held me captive.

All I want to do is lunge at him and rip his fucking head off.

"Goddess calm down, it's ok." Tivon spoke up suddenly. I glared at him.

"Its not ok. I have never been ok. You should know better than anyone." I snarled.

"I know that everyone in this room is going to get death or something way worse. But I have one wish before I die." I said looking over at Calvin. He wore a curios expression. Not at all the offended or furious expression I assumed a drug Lord would have when someone demands something from them.

"And what is that..... Goddess?" The way he said my name had me feeling weird.

"I want to watch. I want to watch him die before you kill me." I said smiling.

"Goddess!" Tivon and Tray said in a union with anger and shock booming in their voice. Calvin face was now void of any emotion. He just stared at me for awhile. Suddenly he stood and looked at the guys that were on the floor.

"I have made my decision. The two kids are free. Goddess and Jared are staying with me." He said waving them away dismissively. I sighed. I was both scared and relieved. Tray and Tivon are safe now. I care for them both too much to watch them die, no matter what they have done. I guess this is for the best.

"Nooo, let me the fuck go." Tivon screamed.

"We are not leaving without Goddess, Calvin!" Tray screamed as he struggled against the guards. Calvin whipped around and gave him a small smile.

"Well you can either leave or stay and die. I don't kill kids, but it is up to you man." He said and walked over to me.

"Release her." He said sternly. Two guards ran over and did as they were told. I stood up and pain shot up my leg, coursing through my body causing my feet to give out. I began to descend onto the ground but strong arms captured me in it's grasp. I look up to see green eyes staring back at me. Calvin smiled at me while brushing my curls out my face.

"Get your filthy fucking hands off of her." Tivon snarled.

"Kids do you wish to die." He said harshly.

"Just go guys. Leave." I said sternly.

"No Godd-

"I said leave! What happens to me doesn't concern you guys anymore." I said. I just want them to be safe.

"Sedate them and get them out of here." He said firmly. The boys struggled. They tried to fight back, but failed. It was too many men to fight off.

"We will be back for you Goddess, I promise." Tivon slurred. They were carried to a van to be dumped off somewhere.

"Calvin please, I swear I c-

"You really think I would trust you with any more of my operations? " He said letting out a small chuckle.

"Your fate is for Goddess here to decide." He said with an evil smile.