Chapter 18

Goddess POV

"You fucking told her."

"I kept my word."

"Obviously, not if she knows you fucking deceitful bastard! "

"Wait you knew?" I question lifting my head from his chest. He nodded looking apologetic as I step from out his arms. The hurt I felt by this must have been evident because the look he gave me was one of regret.

"It wasn't my place to say anything Goddess. He is responsible for letting you know the truth when it comes to him. The only thing I can do is be honest myself and protect you." I sighed. Tivon is right. It isn't his place to tell me something like that. Yet, I just can't help but feel my heart break a little more, realizing I was the only in the dark. I turned to see Tray staring at me.

"I overheard your talking to your dad. I don't even care anymore. Just do what got to do to guarantee me and my mothers safety."

"Mini-"

"Please stop calling me that." I said cutting him off. He don't have that privilege anymore.

"I understand -"

"No, you don't understand Tray. You would never understand." People could never grasp the torture and disappointment they put me through.

"You mean so much to me. You are like family to me. I don't want things to be like this." He said so convincingly that I almost believed him. Almost.

"Too bad because you made that decision all on your own. Deal with the fucking consequences." I spat with venom.

"Goddess, maybe you should calm down." Tivon said grabbing onto my shoulder. I shrugged it off and turned my fury around on him.

"No I'm tired of being hurt and manipulated all the time. And I'm always expected to forgive and understand. Why can't people understand that I can only take so much?" I said and the only answer I received was silence.

"Do you really want me to leave you alone after this case is over with?" I hear Tray question in a low tone.

"More than ever." I retorted sarcastically. He just nodded his head and left. Seeing him just walk away pained me much more than I would ever admit. I felt a piece of myself die. But it's his fault. He lied. He could have trusted me. If anything my dad would have been in jail faster.

"I feel like I just witness a break up."

"That's not funny."

"I wasn't saying it as a joke."

"Tray and I are, no were just friends."

"Maybe, but I knew you two felt more for each other than just friendship."

"Maybe I wanted something more serious. He just wanted a new fuck buddy. But those feelings are long gone."

"You lie so horribly."

"I speak no lies."

"Another lie. Feelings just don't fade away like that unless you didn't really have feelings to begin with. I still love you and it's been months since we broke up."

"I guess." I yawned out and went to sit down.

"Let's go grab a hotel room." He said picking me up.

"No I don't want to leave her here alone." I said in a panic.

"The police aren't going to let anything happen to her. Plus you need rest it's been a long day."

"I don't think the police these days are trustworthy."

"Goddess..."

"Fine, you're right. I was just saying."

"Sure you were." he said with a roll of his eyes.

*******

Soon we were at a hotel. I showered and changed into some tights and a tank top. Tivon went and bought lots of junk food to get me in a better mood and put on a scary movie to watch. After we finished he put everything away and went to take a shower. I remained in bed watching another movie. Suddenly, he came out in nothing but a pair of sweats and no shirt. I tried not to stare but it was really hard not to.

"You don't mind me sleeping in the bed with you tonight?" He asked.

"Why would you ask that?"

"You might want some space. Today has been draining. "

"Just get in the bed." I lifted up the covers and he crawled into the bed with a huge smile on his face.

"Can you hold me? " I asked shyly. He opened his arms and I laid my head on his muscled chest as he wrapped his arms around me. His embrace was warm and loving. I didn't want to feel anything but what I am right now.

"Goodnight" he said

I lifted my head and then I suddenly felt soft lips press against my own. My eyes widen with shock. He pulled back once he realized his mistake.

I'm sorry Goddess I was trying to kiss your head not your -

I sat up, straddled him then I grabbed his face pressing my lips to his. He hesitated to kiss back. So I kissed him harder biting his lower lip softly causing him to groan and the sound made me shiver. His hands slid down to my ass squeezing it and pulling me even closer as his lips began to dominate mine. Suddenly, he flipped us over earning a squeal from me. Taking advantage, he slipped his tongue inside my mouth and I moaned. His hands were exploring everywhere, pulling away to say how beautiful I am and how amazing I felt under him. Slowly he left a trail of heated kisses up and down my neck and came back up to seal our lips together again. This time he took it real slow, and it was driving me crazy. The slow pace was so intense and passionate that I felt like crying when he pulled away. I let out a whimper and our ragged breathing filled the room.

"Why you stopped?" I heaved out trying to calm down.

" I don't think we should be doing this." he said. I froze and looked at his grey eyes. Those words felt like bullet wounds to my pride. I was being rejected. I assumed that he could see the pain on my face because a panic expression formed on his.

"It's not that I don't want to keep going. You have no idea how much I want this. I mean I know I'm going to regret not taking advantage of this opportunity. I just know I would regret it more if I took advantage of you. You been through a lot. You're not in the right mind frame." He said in a rush trying to reassure me. I sighed.

"Your right. I apologize. It just felt nice and I didn't want to lose that feeling."

"All is well. I never thought you would be so bold though. That was sexy. You should do that more often. " he said with a playful smirk. I never thought I could blush so hard.

"Shut up and get off me." I muttered. He let out a chuckle and slid off of me.

Suddenly my phone began to ring. Once I realized who it was, I was beyond shock causing me to drop my phone. My body suddenly felt icy. I could feel bile rise up in my throat as I tried to stay calm.

"Are you ok? " Tivon questioned. The phone began to ring again. He walked over and picked it up and he too displayed a shock expression as he took a look at the caller id.

"Why is your dad calling you?"