Chapter 1

"If the hurt comes
so will the happiness."
- Rupi Kaur
"Milk and Honey"

Lily Collins as Lianna Williams

Tyler Posey as Logan Williams

~•~•~•~LABOR DAY 2009Season 1, Episode 1

~•~•~•~
LABOR DAY 2009
Season 1, Episode 1

Lianna sat in between Emily and Hanna after taking a bottle from their cooler, bobbing her head slightly to the music as she listened to the song blasting through the black speakers when she realized that one of her friends wasn't around.

"What's taking Alison so long?" She asked the girls taking a sip of water from the bottle that she was holding, the other girls didn't mind her as they giggled and drank from their cups. When suddenly, the music and the lights turned off making them jump up from their seat.

"What happened?" Emily asked through the dark. "It must be the storm," Spencer answered as they looked around the dark barn, now that the speakers were turned off they could clearly hear the rain hitting the roof of the barn. Aria turned on the flashlight which was directly pointed at Lianna making her squint her eyes.

"Aria" Lianna groaned as she tried to shield her eyes from the bright light with her hand making Aria giggle. "Whoops, sorry" She slurred, she is clearly tipsy from all the drinking that has been happening around here since they first arrived. A loud rumble from the opposite side of the door made Lianna look at Hanna who looked at her too at the same time.

"Something's out there" Aria whispered to the girls as they stood up to look who was outside but quickly backed away when the door of the barn slowly opens, causing goosebumps to rise on Lianna's arm as the cold wind entered the barn.

"Who's in there?" She asked loudly as Hanna clutched her arm tightly, scared for what might happen to her when she releases Lianna's arm. Something shattered from the outside making them gasp in shock but Lianna still stepped forward to investigate.